5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digressive shocks to linear

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m currently running the Eibach adjustable shocks with my stock spring and stock UCA.

They’ve been decent, I’d say pretty close to factory ride, but I’m thinking about trying the Fox 2.0 coilovers. I find the eibachs acceptable but I can’t help but think there’s better out there (in my budget).

Would going to the Fox 2.0 coilover be a better, softer, smoother ride than my current eibachs? Would it be a noticeable and worthwhile change? I don’t wanna drop $1000 for it to be the same or so close I can’t tell.
Anyone tried both or have owned both?

Thanks
Ethan

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re going from a digressive shock to a linear. Do you might get more responses from folks that went from other digressive shocks than just Eibachs. I’m told they ride similarly to Bilstien 5100s as long as neither are at max height.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What CalvinC said. With digressive shocks you feel the slow stuff and it gets better with some speed. They are great for towing and hauling. Just so you know, Fox uses Eibach for their coils.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Thank you both for the information. I’ll look into the differences between digressive and linear. And yes I know the fox set up uses the eibach springs, but since I’m still on my stock springs I wonder if the combination of the different shocks and different springs would make a difference in feel worth the price tag. If not a large improvement over my stock springs/eibach shocks then I won’t make a change

Jackieee_Ram

Reaction score
I went from Bilstein 6112s to Fox 2.0 coilovers and ride was much softer/smooth. Stock was too bouncy and Bilstein was way too stiff on road. Fox 2.0 is like in the middle imo and worth the cost after swapping the 6112s out. Completed the rear with org springs and Fox 2.0 shocks and a helleog sway bar and been great

If you can, I think you should just swap springs and go from there. Non org trucks ride too soft

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Thanks again for the replies everyone. I’m leaning towards going with the 2.0 coilovers and maybe adding some UCA’s as well.

Users who are viewing this thread