5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Differences in shifts - eTorque vs. Non?

Jackham

Reaction score
How do Harley guys justify 500$ of extra chrome. Really.....

RAMBS

Reaction score
Wait until we get rid of the winter gas mixture and a few more miles on the odometer. I'm thinking the mileage will increase substantially?

Brady_SS

Reaction score
After almost 6000 miles, I wouldn't buy another truck without eTorque. Start/Stop works seamlessly compared to my wife's Acura, and the added bonus of the smoother shifting was worth the extra money. I didn't set out to buy an eTorque only to find a truck that had options that matched as close as possible to exactly what I wanted. Ended up with a truck that had the eTorque engine and I'm glad.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
I test drove an eTorque; it was quite impressive. Ended up ordering a Limited with it. Can't wait....guess I have to though.

BigD

Reaction score
Etorque is like $200 more than non etorque. Not sure if they changed that compared to when this post originally was done but for $200 I'll take it.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread that was revived but thought I'd share something I learned recently. The reason the e-torque shifts smoother is because it will rev match the engine for you when shifting gears. If anyone is interested I'll try to find the link but I thought that was pretty awesome when I read it!

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
Glad to see Iam not the only person thinking about “ tuning” the Etourq for better power assistance LOL. My rebel has it. From my perspective it’s “ok” at traffic lights. Tows better than my 18 big horn. However I find the regen annoying as I can feel it slow the truck at rolling stops & I have to compensate by hitting gas to make rolling left turns. As for gas mpg my 18 big horn beats my 21 rebel Etourq hands down. Big horn had 3.21 gears & 20” wheels. No off road stuff. 17-20 mpg. My rebels a pig.3.92 on 18s best mpg was 16.5 .....

Users who are viewing this thread