5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Differences in Locking?

jchuchla

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but my new 22 is the first vehicle I've owned with hands free entry/exit. when you exit the truck and want to lock it behind you, Is there any difference between pressing the lock button on the inside armrest vs the lock button on the outside door handle? When you press the one on the outside handle (or the keyfob), the truck honks the horn. When you press the lock button on the inside, it does not. Just curious if there's any actual difference besides sounding the horn.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There should be no difference between using the door handle lock button or the inside lock button, they both lock the truck and set the security system assuming you have one.

The beep is set to default when you use the outside lock button, but I believe you can turn that off with the Uconnect menu screen.

On a side note, just in case you didn't know, the tail gate is also part of the passive locking system, if you are near the tailgate with your key in your pocket, it will unlock the tail gate. But it won't lock it until you are about 10-12 feet away, you may mistake it for the tail gate not locking with the rest of the truck, we have all done that.

Users who are viewing this thread