5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference in dealer build versus on Ram website

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I sat and built a Limited at the dealer (no eTorque, with Rambox, 22 inch, 3.92), it ended up being 3,000 more than when I built it myself on Ram's website. Is that pretty normal? I know that building it on Rams website isn't normally as accurate as the dealer, but 3K more kind of stunk.

sgk

Reaction score
That does seem high, maybe 500$ off would be more like it. Do you have the dealers build sheet so you can compare the options? The actual options should be the same cost online and at the dealer, there may be some admin fees, fuel fees or such that may vary slightly.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just asked for the build sheet. He only sent over the MSRP and My Price.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Watch when you build on the Ram website. It automatically defaults to lease pricing. My MSRP changed on the site when I clicked over to "buy".

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watch when you build on the Ram website. It automatically defaults to lease pricing. My MSRP changed on the site when I clicked over to "buy".

That was it. Complete user error on my part, as I didn't see that small little spot up top was defaulted to building a lease. Now it is within 400 dollars of what dealer quoted. Many thanks!

ponypride

Reaction score
The website still has the wrong price for the eTorque engine. It shows $1,995, but I checked with two dealers and the MSRP has increased to 2,645.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I've got a freelancer creating a website for one of my businesses. Based on what he's done so far with my site, I'm pretty sure I could give him $10,000 and he'd create a better website than the Ram B&P site by himself by the end of the month.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the price increased on the Laramie and up models but I just ordered a big horn last night and it was still $1,995.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I built my Laramie and purchased my Laramie I paid the same exact price at the dealership as what the Ram website showed with he exact same packages. trim level, color, etc.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No discount???
No, my truck was not a normal purchase and not a normal order etc. When I say my price was the same I mean the Ram online website MSRP vs the dealerships order MSRP was exactly the same.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've been sending the exact same specs to local dealership to see what discount they want to offer initially. Received two prices with discounts and rebate. Third place called me back and said the ramboxes, 22inch wheels, and level one package were all on restrictions and couldn't be ordered. She said the other dealers should not be able to order it either, as it is restricted across the board. Full of crap? Not smart? Accurate?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've been sending the exact same specs to local dealership to see what discount they want to offer initially. Received two prices with discounts and rebate. Third place called me back and said the ramboxes, 22inch wheels, and level one package were all on restrictions and couldn't be ordered. She said the other dealers should not be able to order it either, as it is restricted across the board. Full of crap? Not smart? Accurate?
I think this is BS plenty of ppl have ordered Ram Boxes but @JRS200x should be able to answer this accurately.

glennf14

Reaction score
@JRS200x has indicated that they are available for order if the dealer marks the truck as a SOLD order, and not a STOCK order. But I'll let him chime in if anything has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread