5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between Level 2 and Level B

Spence

Reaction score
Does anybody know if they just changed the name of the package to Level B or if content has changed.

Thanks,

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I think one of the differences is the BSM and Rear Cross Path Detection . Because of the chip shortage they’ve removed those on a lot of the new builds .

Spence

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I think one of the differences is the BSM and Rear Cross Path Detection . Because of the chip shortage they’ve removed those on a lot of the new builds .
Thanks! I have been lurking for a long time.

I saw that on another thread but the Big Horn has BSM as a separate option. On the Ram build and price, it calls the package Level 2 for $2,500 and on the POC I got from the dealership, it shows Level B for $2,430. Dealer says just the name changed but it seems odd to me.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Does anybody know if they just changed the name of the package to Level B or if content has changed.

Thanks,
I will give you an example of mine.
ordered the level one which is what you see on line
factory changed it to lever A which you can not see on line.

they have different items

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I’m not sure if that’s the reason just guessing but I have noticed the new Rams at both dealerships near me don’t have the BSM . I figured you could order it as an option but it used to be included in the level 2 .

Spence

Reaction score
I’m not sure if that’s the reason just guessing but I have noticed the new Rams at both dealerships near me don’t have the BSM . I figured you could order it as an option but it used to be included in the level 2 .
Digging a little deeper online, another site confirmed what you said Fatherof3, option XAN (blind spot monitoring) was removed.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Digging a little deeper online, another site confirmed what you said Fatherof3, option XAN (blind spot monitoring) was removed.

My son ordered a 2022 and chose equipment package 2 and he got BSM

Spence

Reaction score
My son ordered a 2022 and chose equipment package 2 and he got BSM
Not sure if there are two options in the order bank for Level 2 and/or Level B. The truck I am looking at was ordered for dealer stock and the dealer switched it to a sold order for me. Thats when I saw Level B instead of Level 2. I would rather it have the BSM but its not a deal breaker.

Thanks again for the replies.

Mexd781

Reaction score
Thanks! I have been lurking for a long time.

I saw that on another thread but the Big Horn has BSM as a separate option. On the Ram build and price, it calls the package Level 2 for $2,500 and on the POC I got from the dealership, it shows Level B for $2,430. Dealer says just the name changed but it seems odd to me.

From what I have seen, the Level B on the BH is the Level 2 without the power folding mirrors. They are removing them from select builds and renaming it Level B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think @Eighty might have some insight into as he's been stuck in this mess with his order. Pretty sure that BSM and the power folding mirrors are the 2 options that were cut.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think @Eighty might have some insight into as he's been stuck in this mess with his order. Pretty sure that BSM and the power folding mirrors are the 2 options that were cut.
On the Rebels, the only difference I have noted between Level 2 and Level B is the deletion of the power folding mirrors. Blind spot and cross path detection is still on mine.

RAMKing1

Reaction score
Just ordered a Rebel with the Level B and never realized the power folding mirrors were removed.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
On the Rebels, the only difference I have noted between Level 2 and Level B is the deletion of the power folding mirrors. Blind spot and cross path detection is still on mine.
Maybe it's different for a certain area ? Around here Laramie and below BSM isn't included with any package now . The Longhorns , Limited's and TRX still has them included though .

shepboyrd

Reaction score
When I ordered, BSM was a separate option. I was changed from Level 2 to Level B and lost power folding mirrors. My dealer is currently trying to find me the right person at FCA to complain to.

Users who are viewing this thread