5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between 82215278AE and 82215278AF?

Darinme

Reaction score
Hi,
I've searched and found threads that talk about installing the parts but haven't found if or what the differences are between them.
Mopar site state *AF replaces *AE. Big difference in price between the two and I cannot find the why or what for the replacement.
I have a 2020 Laramie Quad Cab with 8.4" Uconnect.
Anyone know and will share?

Thanks much!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
I've searched and found threads that talk about installing the parts but haven't found if or what the differences are between them.
Mopar site state *AF replaces *AE. Big difference in price between the two and I cannot find the why or what for the replacement.

Thanks much!
No difference except a revision. The last two digits are the revision. Either will work.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks much!
Just make sure you are buying from a reputable seller and that it's genuine Mopar parts. There are cheap chinese knock off brake controllers that are listed using the Mopar part number. Which is probably why you are seeing the large discrepancy in price

Darinme

Reaction score
Just make sure you are buying from a reputable seller and that it's genuine Mopar parts. There are cheap chinese knock off brake controllers that are listed using the Mopar part number. Which is probably why you are seeing the large discrepancy in price
Thanks for that - yes, I found Mopar part and is more than the knock-off prices. Became very skeptical as I dug in more at the bg difference in price.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check with your dealer. I got mine installed/programmed for about what they were selling for online. That was 2 years ago, but...

They usually have coupons on their website, but don't tell you about them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check with your dealer. I got mine installed/programmed for about what they were selling for online. That was 2 years ago, but...

They usually have coupons on their website, but don't tell you about them.
You can buy the whole kit for under $200

Users who are viewing this thread