5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel Rebel owners - How is your economy? How's your truck?

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just drove from Barrie, ON to Tampa, FL. 2458 kms. Avg / hand calculated at 75 mph average / 8.4 l / 100 kms. That’s through WVA, VA, NC Mountains. If you live there you know the route. Diesel where I live is around 7.50 US a gallon (2.25 CDN/ Litre). Paying 4.99 a gallon ain’t bad for me. Still expensive as hell and never had gas station people apologize for the pricing. Especially in GA. That one guy was super apologetic. I can’t complain. When you’re at 3/4 tank showing 780 kms (463 miles) I’ll take it.
The best fuel mileage I got was 9L/100 in the summer in Ontario, my truck might be heavier with all options added but air suspension.

$4.99/gal is much better than what we pay but with the exchange and the imperial Canadian gallon it would come out to around $7.59/ gallon in Canadian $, or $1.70/L Canadian $, still better than what Canadians pay, if you convert $2.25/ L to Canadian gallon it’s $10.21 per gallon, or $8.50 US gallon, that’s crazy!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/1500/2021/adamchandler/1076358

Mine was 23-24 but now I'm seeing 22 with Winter diesel fuel which is less efficient. Gas was at $3 a gallon from May to November then hit $3.70 overnight and last fuel up was $4.41 a gallon. I've found that if I don't use cruise control I can exceed 25 MPG but I just love cruise control so much.

Highest MPG on a tank was 26.8

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/1500/2021/adamchandler/1076358

Mine was 23-24 but now I'm seeing 22 with Winter diesel fuel which is less efficient. Gas was at $3 a gallon from May to November then hit $3.70 overnight and last fuel up was $4.41 a gallon. I've found that if I don't use cruise control I can exceed 25 MPG but I just love cruise control so much.

Highest MPG on a tank was 26.8
I’m puzzled, you are in the USA and the link you sent of your fuel consumption is the world wide but American metric system

Lee07

Reaction score
A pedal commander would’ve solved your problem of wanting to get more hp when pressing the gas pedal. Got me one and whenever I go into a city I just switch it on and off when I leave. I did hate that when you go onto a main road and press the gas pedal down and it’s like a second before the truck gets going. And if there’s oncoming traffic?? Your praying. lol.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Return trip from Tampa to Toronto - I75 North to Detroit/Windsor was higher - probably due to the fact I had the ":Lets get the hell home so the kids will stop complaining" mentality and averaged 80 MPH. I got 9.0 l/100 km. Now the southern states are using #2 Diesel so I'll see a drop when I refill with the 1/2 Mix here. Still better than my CX5 Mazda. And seeing 2.10 / litre for diesel in Windsor almost made me puke.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Return trip from Tampa to Toronto - I75 North to Detroit/Windsor was higher - probably due to the fact I had the ":Lets get the hell home so the kids will stop complaining" mentality and averaged 80 MPH. I got 9.0 l/100 km. Now the southern states are using #2 Diesel so I'll see a drop when I refill with the 1/2 Mix here. Still better than my CX5 Mazda. And seeing 2.10 / litre for diesel in Windsor almost made me puke.
Ya diesel prices in this area are horrible. There is a trucks stop at the Bloomfield exit that usually has the best prices in the southwestern Ontario region.

Im looking forwards to the switch back to summer blend diesel for the improved economy and slightly lower cost.

Users who are viewing this thread