5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diesel grey/black interior headliner color

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
I test drove a Big Horn on Saturday that was all black and really liked the truck. As i got out i saw the headliner was brown. Seemed odd to me. So i went hunting on other dealer sights and saw an identical truck with the same brown headliner. Are all the headliners brown?

79 300

Reaction score
The trucks I saw with the diesel grey/ black interiors had a sort of cream colored headliner. The trucks with all black interiors (which is still dark grey in my opinion) have a charcoal- almost black headliner.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed (and did not prefer) the tan headliner on diesel gray interior I looked at... except for some reason (?) the one that I found and bought. So happy my headliner is black, much preferred when everything else in the ****pit is black/gray/silver. Not sure why mine is black though, could have just been a happy mistake?
My Bighorn Diesel Gray “Black” cloth interior (looks gray):

Last edited:

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems an odd choice. Everything on the truck is black...except the headliner. I am going to go look at some more that are closer that have that interior. Sadly the next one with 3.92 gearing and trailer tow package is 100 miles away. The one i looked at Saturday is only 17 miles.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
The tan headliner "problem" is the main reason why I needed to have either a sport/black edition or the limited. I feel like the tan color was just really bothering me on a truck where everything else was a dark color. Never heard of a bighorn without the sport or black package having the black headliner.... cool!

79 300

Reaction score
I noticed (and did not prefer) the tan headliner on almost every diesel gray interior I looked at... except for some reason (?) the one that I found and bought. So happy my headliner is black, much preferred when everything else in the ****pit is black/gray/silver. Not sure why mine is black though, could have just been a happy mistake?
My Bighorn Diesel Gray cloth interior (non-standard):
View attachment 23003
Your interior is the black interior color. That is why you have the black headliner. The Diesel grey/ black interiors have much lighter upper door panels and seat inserts, along with the cream/tan headliner. You can see the headliner color on the windshield posts. Here is a photo of one.

2019-ram-1500-interior-bighorn.jpg

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your interior is the black interior color. That is why you have the black headliner. The Diesel grey/ black interiors have much lighter upper door panels and seat inserts, along with the cream/tan headliner. You can see the headliner color on the windshield posts. Here is a photo of one.

View attachment 23021
So it is! Build sheet shows it as Black cloth even though it is more gray than black, and the window sticker doesn’t show the black package. Fine by me though!

Users who are viewing this thread