5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Didn’t have to double swipe

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Actually, I haven't gone above $50 yet. I think every refill has been at around half a tank or more. That'll probably change when we do our trip out west this year.
Yea, we're planing an early summer trip. Just not looking forward to the regime's price hike to push the GND.

yellowboy

Reaction score
I don't care if gasoline goes to $20.00 a gallon (full disclosure- I am retired). I can drive less, get a bicycle or get rid of my truck and get a KIA.

At least I have a my dog, a house , a truck and all my (too many) possessions which is allot more than most Ukrainians have now.

Jako

Reaction score
I believe it was summer of 2008 that I made a family trip and hit $100 ($4/gal ?) on a fill up with the 2001 Dodge 1500. It seems if inflation is factored in we are still "better off " today with the price per gallon than 2008. Although this is a very fluid situation particularly with the rapid (daily) and high price increases.

Update:
Checked the records.
July 2008 - $4.01/gallon was the highest I paid.

Last edited:

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Joined the $150 club yesterday too.
I don't care if gasoline goes to $20.00 a gallon (full disclosure- I am retired). I can drive less, get a bicycle or get rid of my truck and get a KIA.

At least I have a my dog, a house , a truck and all my (too many) possessions which is allot more than most Ukrainians have now.

Same. Hope we can rip this bandaid off as hard as necessary.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
You guys do know how fuel prices dictate the price of almost everything in today's society? Riding a bicycle is not in the realm of reality for how this works.

I mean the bicycle brigade is not hauling steel for the next highrise. Milk ain't coming to market on the mule cart.

Fire in the neighborhood? Guys showing up with this? 1b009b0323259c55fa74723cc52c15be--pedal-cars-fire-trucks.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You guys do know how fuel prices dictate the price of almost everything in today's society? Riding a bicycle is not in the realm of reality for how this works.

I mean the bicycle brigade is not hauling steel for the next highrise. Milk ain't coming to market on the mule cart.

Fire in the neighborhood? Guys showing up with this? View attachment 122957

img.PNG

Firefighter_bicycle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread