5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you like the look of the 2019 rams at first?

Tundralag

Reaction score
Love the new design.. Had a few of the other generation Rams.. The look started getting old.. got tired of looking at the Kenworth front end.. 5th Gen is sleek and smooth lines.. Headlights look intimidating.. and of course the inside of the Ram is second to none..
Ok we can lock this now..

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't like it at first. Had no plans for a truck but with all the house work in doing it was starting to become clear I wanted a truck. I have a buddy with a sport and one with a Limited, both black.

I was dead set on the sport until I drove it and saw the interior. It was nice but it didn't wow me. I didn't love the chrome front on the Limited but it's grown on me. I figured I could always change out the front end if I wanted, but I couldn't change the interior. So I got the Limited.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
Absolutely. Love at first sight. Watched so many videos and read so many articles following the reveal and couldn’t wait for release. Once it was released I decided to hold on... I wanted a Laramie in Flame Red and to customize it to look just like the MOPAR truck with the black badges, red accented beadlocks, 35” wheels, black fender flares, et cet. Was waiting for the night appearance package; however, the awesome June discounts pushed me towards a Limited. I’m 100% satisfied though. Once I put the leveling kit and the 35” tires on the 22” rims I was glad I went with the Limited.

19ramsport

Reaction score
Yes, looked decent when I first saw it come out last year, and decided to buy a new truck this past month. My first Ram truck ever. Never considered one before and didn't really like the looks of the previous generations.

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
After owning a 95, 97, 98, 2000 and 2002 I was a little sad the cross hair grill was gone.. however, the rest of the truck is so classy and stunning, I knew I had to have one. I resisted for about 5 months, then took a test drive. Almost instantly, my paid for 2011 Tundra, with only 55k was history! I had The Wood for the new RAM! Took her home 2 days later...... now, if I could just find an an equivalent, new, young, sexy replacement for the DW, life would be perfect!

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I honestly didn't like the looks of the new RAMs when first introduced. I liked the Classic better, thought the new RAMs looked a bit like a GTA5's rendition of a Dodge Ram.

That is until I saw a Red RAM Rebel in person and I instantly fell in love with it. After that, I decided I was going to get a RAM and it was going to be a Rebel, specifically a red one.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had two 4th gens and received a number of very positive comments on the looks and style, even from diehard Ram haters. The only area that initially seemed awkward to my eye was the front end, although I never considered it appalling as some others did. The rest of the style changes I thought were an improvement. After I drove one, any esthetic issues became a non-factor.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 023148 miles.

COWBOY CADILLAC

Reaction score
The first time I saw one I was in love, the best looking Ram ever built! I was always an F-150 guy so you know it took something special to get me to switch sides. Personally I thought the cross hair grill Rams were ugly until the last face lift.

smashweights

Reaction score
Was planning on an F-150 for the longest time because I thought they were best looking trucks. I still debate which exterior I like more, but the interior on the new Ram was so much better than every truck out there I couldn't bring myself to get something else. They all just look mundane in comparison.

reb0957

Reaction score
I loved the look, except the front grill / headlight surround area. It's grown on me somewhat. Definitely prefer the sport versus the chrome grill. I'm still not crazy about the area below the headlights (circled in the attached pic), looks kind of like an afterthought. As soon as I saw it, I thought 2 years before they do a front end refresh. And I know I am in the minority here, but I don't really like the look of the LED headlights that much.
I still hate this and I bought one. The interior is hard to beat. That convoluted area of the bumper looks less bad on the Sports.

silver billet

Reaction score
I liked it from the start, first pic I saw was a billet metallic sport trim (sport is a whole trim here in this frozen wasteland, not just a package) with the black machined rims and colored bumpers + mirrors pulling a boat. Gorgeous.

But I must agree that I don't like what they did with the LED lights. They look like something you might find on a 20 year old beater where the lights are cross-eyed and all gummed up inside. The accents aren't sharp and defined enough. They should have done something like you see on the Jeep GC or the GMC (gasp) where the leds make a clear and sharp visual beam. I prefer my big horn halogens for looks, though probably the LEDs perform better in the dark.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still hate this and I bought one. The interior is hard to beat. That convoluted area of the bumper looks less bad on the Sports.
It's interesting to read this again as I wrote this many months ago. I still feel like the front grill and fascia area are poorly designed, but I have completely changed my stance on the LED headlights as I have since added them to my truck. I do agree that the Sport Appearance is much more tolerable than the chrome. Traditionally, I have always preferred chrome bumpers on a truck. But not on the 5th Gen Rams..

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One only has to look at the new Silverado/Sierra and the F-series to realize that all things are relevant.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 028257 miles.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One only has to look at the new Silverado/Sierra and the F-series to realize that all things are relevant.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 028257 miles.
I think the upper trim levels on the new GMCs are OK, but the lower trim levels and all trims of the Silverados are horrendous.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Yep! Loved them at first and still do. I have always had GM trucks and when i saw the 19 Ram, i new i would be getting one!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep! Loved them at first and still do. I have always had GM trucks and when i saw the 19 Ram, i new i would be getting one!
My only GMC ride was in a Denali, and although it wasn't a bad truck overall I still think the interior came off bland. In fact, the owner of that truck actually thought my Laramie was THE top of the line. As far as the Silverados go, I must agree with you. They just leave me cold. I think some older years actually looked better. Perhaps Chevrolet was limited by intent in order to establish/maintain the Sierra as the premier truck.

As for the F-series, Ford should be paying more attention as to why Ram now out sells Silverado.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 028303 miles.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
My only GMC ride was in a Denali, and although it wasn't a bad truck overall I still think the interior came off bland. In fact, the owner of that truck actually thought my Laramie was THE top of the line. As far as the Silverados go, I must agree with you. They just leave me cold. I think some older years actually looked better. Perhaps Chevrolet was limited by intent in order to establish/maintain the Sierra as the premier truck.

As for the F-series, Ford should be paying more attention as to why Ram now out sells Silverado.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 028303 miles.
I came from a 2009, 2012, 2015 sierra, 2015 duramax and to me those are the best looking years. Absolutely love love love my 19 big horn!

rotts4u

Reaction score
As a former land speed racer I can instantly see the aerodynamic advantage of the RAM over the ford and GM products. I see things I like on both but for sure the Ram is a much higher efficiency design as opposed to the shoebox front end of the others. I am not saying I dont like the Ford or GMC but the Ram makes more functional sense for sure. Its a great looking truck

silver billet

Reaction score
I think the upper trim levels on the new GMCs are OK, but the lower trim levels and all trims of the Silverados are horrendous.

Bro, u blind? :p

Not going to lie, if someone gave me this truck with the 6.2 liter, I'd divorce my RAM in a heartbeat. These trucks do not look nearly as good in pictures as they do in person. They're large, bold, and stunning.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-criticized-over-poor-ride-quality-131303_1.jpg

silver billet

Reaction score
As a former land speed racer I can instantly see the aerodynamic advantage of the RAM over the ford and GM products. I see things I like on both but for sure the Ram is a much higher efficiency design as opposed to the shoebox front end of the others. I am not saying I dont like the Ford or GMC but the Ram makes more functional sense for sure. Its a great looking truck

It may look more aerodynamic, and could be for all I know, but it doesn't seem to pay off in terms of MPG. Not any better than the GM twins or Ford.

I hope Ram does not make newer trucks even more soft and swoopy, this is far enough in that direction. Otherwise you just start to look goofy, like the Asian brands.

Users who are viewing this thread