5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you like the look of the 2019 rams at first?

Todd

Reaction score
For me, it was ♥️ at first sight. My first Ram! I definitely wanted a safer and better equipped truck for towing our camper. I did not even look at the other brands of trucks in the market. The new 19' mesmerised me so much that I knew this was the truck I wanted to use for our excursions when camping. I knew without a shadow of doubt, the other brands was not even going to satisfy what I had already seen and took in with my eyes when I stepped out onto the lot at the dealership knowing I had to have this truck! I did research for a year-and-a-half prior to the ram making its debut. with everything I had researched, googled and youtubed on I knew this was definitely going to be my next best truck. It's looks appealed to me so much, that I decided to go ahead and let my 11'Tacoma Dbl cab sport with 83,113 miles, go in order to make the swap from midsize truck to full size truck. I know I made a great decision by going with a ram. I like the front end so much, that I'm like others on here...that have said.....I can't stop and just look I have to stand and stare when walking around mine or others in parking lots, and thinking...Man I love this truck!!!

DM-SC

Reaction score
The 5th gen got my attention when I first saw it in pictures/video. I was hooked after I saw one in person for the first time.

I'm not a big chrome guy so a truck with a sport package was what I'd have to have.

I thought the 4th Gen design was excellent when they were released. I still think it's a true classic (no pun intended!) design.

I loved my 2014 Sport, inside and out. It could have had some more features but it was leaps better than the 2014 Silverado 8 compared it to when I was shopping for a replacement for my 2012 Silverado.

Though I don't think that the exterior of the 5th gen is quite the classic of the 4th gen, it's still one the best looking trucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did like look, really liked 4th gen. Wasn’t even looking at 19s as I thought they were out of my league of what I wanted to pay. Till I started sitting down at dealers crunching numbers. Try selling me a 18 for same or more the 19. Took 19 for a ride. Wife and I were amazed by the interior and much larger rear area.
And here we are..... oh and as another said... sworn up and down I’d never own a FCA vehicle. When we where having our first born, wanted something new for wife so no worries. Didn’t even look at them. Only Toyota or Honda.....Yup, I’m that guy. Crazy how things happen
I did look at other trucks for some time. For trim level and features head to head. 10k or so less then all the rest.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Good question....I preferred the look of the Gen 3 over any other Rams. I've grown to appreciate the new Gen 5s and have no issues with the latest design, but its still not a WOW look in my opinion. The interior, on the other hand, is spectacular!! IMHO

Kidder

Reaction score
Good question....I preferred the look of the Gen 3 over any other Rams. I've grown to appreciate the new Gen 5s and have no issues with the latest design, but its still not a WOW look in my opinion. The interior, on the other hand, is spectacular!! IMHO
That's funny, the gen 3 is my least favorite. I liked the gen 2 when it came out but couldn't afford one at the time.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I really want a Gen 1 Ram Charger.

zignice

Reaction score
The looks and the tech sold me. Didn’t like the old style so never considered buying.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
It hooked me! I was looking to buy a gently used Gen 4, but when I saw the new 2019, that became the choice. The incentives (Big Horn in Texas) made it a prudent financial decision as well. My wife has complimented this truck more than dozens of vehicles I've owned before ... She's tough to impress.

wetrock71

Reaction score
I loved it from the jump. I especially liked the front of the limited. I test drove a 2019 Sierra X37 model, and immediately test drove the Ram afterwards. The Ram recovers from bumps better than the Sierra. I don't think the air ride is needed, but it was on the model I bought. And the interior killed the Sierra. I've had guys with Sierras and Silverados park and stare at my Limited

Firebird

Reaction score
At first, I hated it, just couldn’t stand the chrome front end. However, once I saw the body color sport appearance package, I really liked it.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
We loved it at 1st sight. Shopped the big 3 trucks. 1st GMC, then Ram, and last Ford...which was a waste of time as we kinda knew it would be the Ram after we saw and drove it...but we had to complete our research.

Before we went out and checked out all three, our plan was to get a GMC or Chevy...things changed and we are ecstatic with our Ram!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hated the look at first. Thought they were in for a world of hurt sales wise...

Then I started liking it in certain trims...

Then I bought one :eek:

There are some unflattering angles I think, but overall, I think they look sharp.

Without seeing the outside of the truck, I would have bought anyway purely based on the interior. :love:

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same.
At first, I hated it, just couldn’t stand the chrome front end. However, once I saw the body color sport appearance package, I really liked it.
Me too. ⁰
I agree 100%. First time I saw a 5th gen in person was last summer at a Dave Matthews concert at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavillion.
The local RAM dealer was a sponsor and had one on display. I really liked it, except the front grill. Then, in the fall, I had a vacation day and decided to take a ride to the local RAM dealer to kill some time. As soon as I laid eyes on the Sport appearance package, I was hooked. Wasn’t intending on buying a new truck, but....the rest is history. I still don’t like the chrome front grills. I may be in the minority here, but I think the Limiteds are ugly (I absolutely hate the front grill (( the interior is gorgeous)). For my money, the best looking RAM is the Laramie Sport, and the BigHorn Sport (which I have), is a close second.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram was out, DENALI was in.....saw the black Laramie sport and DENALI was FU&*ING OUT!
I was luke warm on the redesigned front end, but I liked the rest of the style which improved on the 4th gen look.

However, it was not until I drove a Big Horn example did I really, really like what they had done!

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018904 miles.

Klute

Reaction score
I preferred the 4th gen exterior style and was convinced I was going to buy a 2017 used Laramie. When that didn't work I drove the 2019 Classic and then drove the 2019 5th Gen. It was over after about 2 miles. The quiet interior and ride was MUCH superior to the 4th Gen. Drove it home about 90 minutes later. No regerts!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I was luke warm on the redesigned front end, but I liked the rest of the style which improved on the 4th gen look.

However, it was not until I drove a Big Horn example did I really, really like what they had done!

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018904 miles.

Same here, driving it and the interior is what did me in!

Users who are viewing this thread