5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I make a mistake getting a RAM???

Reaver

Reaction score
Just bought a 2022 Ram Rebel yesterday. I've had my Silverado for 20 years and put a ton of miles on it. Didn't plan on buying a truck but a used low mileage Rebel came up and I couldn't resist. Night and day from my older truck. Problem is I'm having a TON of electrical issues already AND the damn thing shut off on my wife, going through an intersection, and applied the emergency brakes, first day we got it! It's only got 7k miles! Looks like it's a known issue that Ram hasn't fixed yet?? Combine that with auto stop start not working, radio cuts out sound randomly, and the rear electrical slide window closes when it wants to..... Why the hell did I ever make the switch from Chevy???
Hope these things are fixable because it seems to be a pretty awesome truck.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bummer. Sounds like you bought someone's 1 year old problem child. Have you tried talking it over with your selling dealer? They might have been aware of some of those issues.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I was thinking same thing I had a 21 F150 with no issues other than it wasnt a V8 and now I went back to ram and have issue after issue with the uconnect I feel I made a mistake as well. Ive had several Rams in the past with no issues

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not saying that RAM doesn’t have issues, but all brands have issues now. Vehicles have become like laptops in that their tech is not zero fault and essentially degrades with time. Vehicles are disposable commodities now.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Have the battery tested. These things are EXTREMELY voltage sensitive and if the battery isn't putting out enough juice all kinds of weird things will occur. It may not be the answer to everything, but it can cause the majority of electrical problems. I hope it works out for ya.

Reaver

Reaction score
Bummer. Sounds like you bought someone's 1 year old problem child. Have you tried talking it over with your selling dealer? They might have been aware of some of those issues.
We went in yesterday to talk with them about it. They showed us the car fax and will be sending us their inspection report later today. I actually bought it from a Chevy dealership because I planned on buying a Chevy, so they've already said there's not much they can do.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought a 2022 Ram Rebel yesterday. I've had my Silverado for 20 years and put a ton of miles on it. Didn't plan on buying a truck but a used low mileage Rebel came up and I couldn't resist. Night and day from my older truck. Problem is I'm having a TON of electrical issues already AND the damn thing shut off on my wife, going through an intersection, and applied the emergency brakes, first day we got it! It's only got 7k miles! Looks like it's a known issue that Ram hasn't fixed yet?? Combine that with auto stop start not working, radio cuts out sound randomly, and the rear electrical slide window closes when it wants to..... Why the hell did I ever make the switch from Chevy???
Hope these things are fixable because it seems to be a pretty awesome truck.
We went in yesterday to talk with them about it. They showed us the car fax and will be sending us their inspection report later today. I actually bought it from a Chevy dealership because I planned on buying a Chevy, so they've already said there's not much they can do.
As mentioned, it sounds like you bought someone else's truck they were having issues with and dumped to get rid of. There's a reason it was traded in at a Chevy dealer with low miles. It's still under factory warranty, but unfortunately lemon law only applies to original owner in most places. Take it to a Ram dealer. A Chevy dealer isn't going to run full diagnostics on a competitors vehicle being traded in.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they are a reputable dealer they would offer to buy it back instead of letting the customer deal with it.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Things to look at in the meantime are located in and around the fuse box. Make sure the battery posts are tight, no loose grounds and all the fuses are fully seated. It could be a simple solution

BTB123

Reaction score
Ram dealer. The Chevy dealer you bought from should at least step up and provide loaner or something. If they don’t, they are a crappy dealer. Shooting pool with my buddy yesterday. He bought a 22 AT4 that’s been in the shop non stop for electrical problems. Don’t kid yourself into thinking you should have stuck with Chevy. They have plenty of issues.

Reaver

Reaction score
Ram dealer. The Chevy dealer you bought from should at least step up and provide loaner or something. If they don’t, they are a crappy dealer. Shooting pool with my buddy yesterday. He bought a 22 AT4 that’s been in the shop non stop for electrical problems. Don’t kid yourself into thinking you should have stuck with Chevy. They have plenty of issues.
I know they all have their issues, especially when you start adding all the new fancy tech into the equation. When I drove my 04 Silverado off the lot 20 years ago, I didn't worry about anything. Didn't have to worry about anything until 100k miles actually. For twice as much as I paid for my Silverado, I shouldn't have to worry at 7k miles. Guess I got the one that was built by the guy having a bad day lol.

Reaver

Reaction score
If they are a reputable dealer they would offer to buy it back instead of letting the customer deal with it.
They did say if I couldn't work it out they might be able to help me out with something.

BTB123

Reaction score
I know they all have their issues, especially when you start adding all the new fancy tech into the equation. When I drove my 04 Silverado off the lot 20 years ago, I didn't worry about anything. Didn't have to worry about anything until 100k miles actually. For twice as much as I paid for my Silverado, I shouldn't have to worry at 7k miles. Guess I got the one that was built by the guy having a bad day lol.
I feel bad for you. I came from a 17 Tundra that was dead solid. Not a ton of tech in it. I didn’t like the new Tundra so I went Ram. So far so good and I love the truck except for the stupid rotary shifter.
I hate that feature.
Good luck and keep us posted.

beetlespin

Reaction score
If the dealer you purchased it from is not solving the issue enter the dealership a Saturday afternoon and complain very loudly while the showroom it at it's fullest.

Reaver

Reaction score
If the dealer you purchased it from is not solving the issue enter the dealership a Saturday afternoon and complain very loudly while the showroom it at it's fullest.
Ha! That'll get some attention for sure

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not always the best option. Might get you attention, and the dealer might do something but You've also made it a negative experience and they will be less likely to help you out or make it right. They will just do bare minimum to get you out the door

Users who are viewing this thread