5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I just fry the BCM?

Ryno

Reaction score
I had the Phoenix radio in my truck and for the second August in a row, it died. Decided I would switch back to a factory setup and ordered a UAV set up. It came in and I made up my own splitter cable with a plug and some taps. After hooking it up, I was able to get the AC back to working but the radio and screen would not. I start to troubleshoot, checking for power and everything else. In the midst of everything, I ended up hooking the screen and hvac plugs up backwards and turned the truck to run. My wipers come on and will not turn off, the traction control light is on, the engine light is on with various communication codes, service 4wd is on, none of the buttons on the steering wheel will work, and I’m back to no AC. I’ve checked every fuse inside and out, and the only thing I can think is blew out the BCM. Obviously CAN communication is down and I’m thinking it all goes back to there. Any help would be great.

Ryno

Reaction score
Well, I can connect to BCM through Alfa, no communication with ICS, steering wheel module, or radio. I noticed the ICS and steering module are on the same power circuit, but the fuse is good. Same with the radio fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread