5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I have a 'free' truck? Please Advise!

taskhaa

Reaction score
The dealership finance girls are very irresponsible and unprofessional.

I leased a Ram Rebel in April 12th and till now I didn't pay any monthly payment. They told me I will know how to pay in mail they gonna send me. Two months passed and I received nothing in my mailbox. I called them once in April, another in May, to let them explain how to pay. They said they will set it up but nothing happened. Plus, I didn't receive any formal license plate from my state DOL, the dealership still kept sending me updated temporary license and registration.

What the hell they are doing? I called them today they told me they don't even have my information in the dealership, which means I'm not even their customer...
I only payed the $5000 down payment and the first month payment at the dealership in April. I didn't move, I still live in the same address as I told them.

Shuga

Reaction score
I strongly suggest you put the truck in the garage or have another vehicle blocking it in up against a wall. Don’t move that other vehicle as well.
Do that and then Contact Chrysler financial ASAP. Print or take phones of the emails you’ve been sending the dealer. This has potential to mess up your credit especially if it gets “repoed”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d also check my credit report to see if the loan even shows up on your report. It’s always possible they lost the paperwork in which case I’d be curious where the title is located.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
My ex wife has a similar situation with her new challenger. She wasn't getting any correspondence from the loan company so 6 weeks in she started calling. The loan company has no record of her being a customer. The dealership is zero help. The loan company is shown as lien holder but insists she is not their customer. Crazy.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
I suggest you call Fiat/Chrysler, followed up with an email copying local dealer, and a snail mail with return receipt requested.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I leased a Ram Rebel in April 12th and till now I didn't pay any monthly payment. They told me I will know how to pay in mail they gonna send me. Two months passed and I received nothing in my mailbox. I called them once in April, another in May, to let them explain how to pay. They said they will set it up but nothing happened. Plus, I didn't receive any formal license plate from my state DOL, the dealership still kept sending me updated temporary license and registration.

What the hell they are doing? I called them today they told me they don't even have my information in the dealership, which means I'm not even their customer...
I only payed the $5000 down payment and the first month payment at the dealership in April. I didn't move, I still live in the same address as I told them.
The stuff in the mail regarding how to make your payments could’ve got lost, that’s still happening a lot. I wouldn’t worry too much about still having a temp tag, I bought a new wrangler in March and just got my PA license plate today. Unless your plate was also lost in the mail...
I’d talk to the finance manager at your dealer you got it at

Shuga

Reaction score
Have a trail of emails. Phone calls there’s no record. If they still refuse to do anything enjoy your free truck for the time being

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Expect this kind of ****ty service everywhere. The pandemic has allowed morons to flourish

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My brother had this happen to him when he bought his Gladiator last year. It took the dealer and a very pissed off bank 6 months to figure out. He didn't make a payment until the 7th month of owning it.

Shuga

Reaction score
My brother had this happen to him when he bought his Gladiator last year. It took the dealer and a very pissed off bank 6 months to figure out. He didn't make a payment until the 7th month of owning it.

Did he have to pay it all at once? Or did they let him roll the payments over

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score

I think you should just drive it to my house and leave the keys - they will never look for it there

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did he have to pay it all at once? Or did they let him roll the payments over

They just started the payments as if he bought the truck then. The credit union he went through is a local one and they told my brother they were never doing business with that dealer again as it had happened numerous times. There was no fault on him, just the dealers crappy service.

Users who are viewing this thread