5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Dodge change their warranties regarding etorque??

Jexx

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out exactly what the warranty is on the Ram etorque system, namely the battery pack. It seems very hard to find exactly what is covered and what isn't.

For the 2019 and 2020 Rams, I found this information, that the etorque system is covered under the Federal Emission Warranty for 8 years / 80,000 miles which includes:
  • Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator Assembly
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Powertrain Control Module
  • Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts
The above specifically states the battery pack is covered. However for my 2022 Ram 1500, if you look up the same Federal Emission Warranty, it states the following:
The covered parts are:
• Auxiliary Hybrid Control Processor — 3.6L, 5.7L With BSG​
• Battery Pack Control Module (BPCM) — 3.6L, 5.7L With BSG​
• Catalytic Converter • Motor Generator Unit — 3.6L, 5.7L With Belt Start Generator (BSG)​
• Powertrain Control Module (PCM)​
• Transmission Control Module (TCM)​
The Power Pack is no longer listed as being covered under the Federal Emission Warranty? The battery pack is probably one of the most expensive parts of the etorque system, and unless I'm wrong or overlooking the obvious, it's been removed from the Federal Emission Warranty section. So what exactly is the warranty information for the Power Pack/Battery Pack, and could someone link the information possibly so I can see exactly what it is.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems like they’re insulating themselves from future high dollar warranty repairs. Bad move on their part if they go that route.

Derek916

Reaction score
Ouch, if that is true...I just reviewed the MaxCare plan and i could easily them saying batteries are a wear item.

• Wear items (such as tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts, exhaust, and wipers)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is still covered under the 8/80 Major Emission Comp Warranty.

I checked my 2022 Ram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-232613_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718-232613_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 188

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't looked, but is the Battery Pack Control Module integrated with the 48v battery?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember that the Emissions warranty is much different and longer for California (And a few other states) than it is for the rest of the US.

Jexx

Reaction score
It is still covered under the 8/80 Major Emission Comp Warranty.

I checked my 2022 Ram.
That's very good news if true! How did you pull that information up, or do you need a dealer or something to do that?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's very good news if true! How did you pull that information up, or do you need a dealer or something to do that?
If you go on Mopar.com you should be able to pull up the specific warranty provisions for your truck including Emissions.

Jexx

Reaction score
If you go on Mopar.com you should be able to pull up the specific warranty provisions for your truck including Emissions.
That's exactly where I went and signed in and downloaded the warranty for my truck, that is where I got the information I linked in my original post. No where in the 28 page pdf does it make any reference to the battery pack or power pack. The closest thing is the Battery Pack Control Module is covered, but that doesn't sound like the actual battery pack to me.

I would just like something in writing that shows if the battery pack is or isn't covered, so down the road if something happens I'm prepared and not solely rely on the the dealer's word lol.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's good news, thank you. I should get myself a copy of that before I have any issues so I have something in writing.
You can for your records. Any dealer who says something isn't covered by warranty has to run it in the VIP to see if it's a covered part or not.

SpikeMike

Reaction score
I actually called Ram customer care when I bought my 2019 and the maxcare package. Verbally they confirmed that the battery pack is covered. However, the contract is not specific in this area. I'm assuming that if the battery pack goes bad, I will have to fight about it.

I'm equally worried about the drive belt for the motor/generator. Looks like a major job to replace that. (3.6L V6) At the time, MOPAR was calling that a lifetime belt.

Jexx

Reaction score
I actually called Ram customer care when I bought my 2019 and the maxcare package. Verbally they confirmed that the battery pack is covered. However, the contract is not specific in this area. I'm assuming that if the battery pack goes bad, I will have to fight about it.

I'm equally worried about the drive belt for the motor/generator. Looks like a major job to replace that. (3.6L V6) At the time, MOPAR was calling that a lifetime belt.

That's my concern with the warranty regarding the Battery Pack. My dealer told me verbally it was covered when I bought the truck, but I can't find it anywhere in writing. After reading through the warranty out of curiosity, I can't find anything in writing stating the battery pack is covered, and that is why I started down this rabbit hole lol.

I can only assume Dodge is making it very vague rather or not the battery pack is covered, and when that happens it's generally not in the best interest of the truck owners, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Thowsee

Reaction score
Having my generator replaced this week. It went out. They said it was under an 80k miles emissions warranty that comes with the e-torques. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread