5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did an upgrade.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Traded my 2020 Ram Limited in for a 2023 Ram TRX Havoc yesterday. This thing is awesome so far. Had to drive 3 hours away to find a MSRP deal, but it was worth it.

Thought about pranking you guys with a "My new TRX only gets 12 MPG on the highway, HELP" or something to that effect. Decided against it. 🙃

1685120563517.png

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well well you’ve done great lol. Awesome truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well well you’ve done great lol. Awesome truck.
Thanks!

Looks great
Get some black lugnuts.
Thank you! Funny you say that, just installed some black McGards today.

Sweet! Must be fun. Enjoy!
Thanks!

You should have gone with a bolder color. :p

Congrats, beautiful truck!
Thank you! After having a black truck for so long, I wanted a brighter color, double so for an easier time keeping it clean. I usually love gray colors, but the Lunar edition just really didn't excite me like I thought it would for some reason. Normally not a fan of yellow on most cars, but with the black on the TRX, it really pops for me.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Traded my 2020 Ram Limited in for a 2023 Ram TRX Havoc yesterday. This thing is awesome so far. Had to drive 3 hours away to find a MSRP deal, but it was worth it.

Thought about pranking you guys with a "My new TRX only gets 12 MPG on the highway, HELP" or something to that effect. Decided against it. 🙃

View attachment 159615

How are you getting along with the yellow? Your pic looks 100% better than the dealer photos, but I'm not sure I could go that bold. However, I do like the monotone paint better than the two tone. My local dealer has two Havoc's in stock and I'm waiting for a quote. Apparently, they are selling below MSRP.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Ford screwing it up my first addition would have to be...... 16854730678224498006294053572255_86951429096985.jpg
After all, you now have the MOST Tonka of trucks! Extremely nice ride!!

grimloktt

Reaction score
How's it ride compared to your previous air ride?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How are you getting along with the yellow? Your pic looks 100% better than the dealer photos, but I'm not sure I could go that bold. However, I do like the monotone paint better than the two tone. My local dealer has two Havoc's in stock and I'm waiting for a quote. Apparently, they are selling below MSRP.
Still loving it. With a lot of cars, yellow would be too bold, but with a TRX, I really like it.

How's it ride compared to your previous air ride?
Its definitely different. I have not played with the suspension settings a great deal yet. It absorbs some bumps that the air suspension truck would have bucked a little, and floats where the air suspension would have rode smoothly. It definitely feels like a bigger truck, and in my case, I mean that in a good way.

Something tells me you didn't get it for the gas mileage.
So far, its not as bad as I feared. Averaging 11-12 with around-town driving, taking it a little easy. She still has under 500 miles, so breaking her in still.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Beautiful truck, love the Havoc color, also especially due to the monotone paint application, without the black trim on the bottom section. At 11-12 mpg, that's only about 1-2 less mpg than your typical Rebel driver gets.

RageWhite

Reaction score
Beautiful truck, love the Havoc color, also especially due to the monotone paint application, without the black trim on the bottom section. At 11-12 mpg, that's only about 1-2 less mpg than your typical Rebel driver gets.
I was just having this discussion with my father-in-law last night. I get about 9.5 mpg doing all city driving. It comical.

With that said, my wife and I have taken a few road trips in it and on the highway doing anywhere from 65-80, it's actually fairly impressive for a truck it's size...I will typically average 15-16 mpg.

To the OP, congrats on the purchase!

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just had our first major road trip (aside from the initial trek back home from purchase). Doing 80+ (interstates here have a limit of 80), averaged 12.5 MPG with a wind fighting us a bit. On the way back, averaged just a hair over 13.

To compare, my 2020 Ram Limited (3.92 gears) that I traded in for this beast got 12-14 on the same trip, depending on the wind. A little over 15 once when the wind was helping push us a bit. So all in all, not bad in my book. 80 MPH is not kind on gas, but we sure use it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just had our first major road trip (aside from the initial trek back home from purchase). Doing 80+ (interstates here have a limit of 80), averaged 12.5 MPG with a wind fighting us a bit. On the way back, averaged just a hair over 13.

To compare, my 2020 Ram Limited (3.92 gears) that I traded in for this beast got 12-14 on the same trip, depending on the wind. A little over 15 once when the wind was helping push us a bit. So all in all, not bad in my book. 80 MPH is not kind on gas, but we sure use it.
That’s awesome that you got to experience both trucks on the same route. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/