5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat

Cowboys33

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a diamond black crystal pearl-coat. But I go to a brushless car wash what's the best way to stop all those marks?

M

Mdegen93

I was thinking about buying a diamond black crystal pearl-coat. But I go to a brushless car wash what's the best way to stop all those marks?
Ceramic coat and hand wash if you can. Don’t use the same brush on your wheels as you do on paint

WasatchBack

Reaction score
If you see swirl marks and they bother you, you are forever cursed to a life of OCD, hand washes, ceramic coatings, etc. I have not been to a car wash in 25 years. Black or any other color.

Cowboys33

Reaction score
If you see swirl marks and they bother you, you are forever cursed to a life of OCD, hand washes, ceramic coatings, etc. I have not been to a car wash in 25 years. Black or any other color.
I wish I had time to wash my vehicle but when you leave out in the morning at 4am and get home at 7pm So the car wash is my best friend its brushless but I hate those swirl marks so if I use ceramic coating it will take away all my swirl marks?

M

Mdegen93

I wish I had time to wash my vehicle but when you leave out in the morning at 4am and get home at 7pm So the car wash is my best friend its brushless but I hate those swirl marks so if I use ceramic coating it will take away all my swirl marks?
It will keep it cleaner and reduce swirl marks. With a touch less wash you shouldn’t get swirl marks to begin with

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I own a black Ram. It sits outside all the time. I wipe the dew off daily and after about 3-4 months it will show some swirl marks which I cure with an orbital polisher and a couple of hours of elbow grease. It's not hard and the metalflake does hide the swirls as well. My black Jeep which is plain ole black shows swirls quicker after polishing.
I'm going to try out Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax on the Ram after I polish it next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/