5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamond Black Crystal paint changes color at night with light shined on it!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
2022 Limited

Does anyone else have this issue? It seems only the lower bumper and the side bumper panels do this.

I can't watch your video from my work computer. But I have noticed the front bumper on the wife's Limited is a slightly different shade of black than the rest of the truck. I haven't noticed that on the rear bumper, but I can't see that from my deck while enjoying a cigar and a wee dram of whisky. 🥃

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s the crystal in the paint. My granite crystal/black crystal paint do the same depending on how light shines on it. Both colors change to different shades.

Solracer

Reaction score
It’s the crystal in the paint. My granite crystal/black crystal paint do the same depending on how light shines on it. Both colors change to different shades.
But wouldn't they turn the same shade?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
But wouldn't they turn the same shade?
Hard to say since it depends what angle the light hits it. Even a slight bend in the body will look different at times.

79 300

Reaction score
The plastic body parts and bumpers are painted on a different line than the main body. They often have a slightly different shade than the rest of the truck. Dodge Challenger owners have complained about this for years.

Users who are viewing this thread