5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diagnostic help!

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
Please help me diagnose this issue! My 2019 ram rebel is creeping or clicking only when going over 5mph and only when turning the wheel to the left! It’s mind boggling and the dealer is trying to say it’s normal, even though they have one on lot that doesn’t do it!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Clock spring not too difficult to replace, just have to make sure power is removed since you're working with the airbag and its connections to get to the spring itself. Definitely way easier than what you listed above.

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
Clock spring not too difficult to replace, just have to make sure power is removed since you're working with the airbag and its connections to get to the spring itself. Definitely way easier than what you listed above.
Sad part is, they have no idea what the issue is, they are just replacing things, at this point .

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
I cannot believe they told you its Normal--what a bunch of idiots!
I know, now they called back and stated, oh we figured it out! It’s the body mounts that need replaced! Tbh I don’t know if should let them or not!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know, now they called back and stated, oh we figured it out! It’s the body mounts that need replaced! Tbh I don’t know if should let them or not!
Clock Spring, that sound is coming from the steering column correct? Had one replaced in my Ford that was doing the same thing. It would creak when turned.

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
Clock Spring, that sound is coming from the steering column correct? Had one replaced in my Ford that was doing the same thing. It would creak when turned.
Yes, you are correct! I truly believe you are right! I think they are seeing a TSB regarding creaking on lateral movement! I’m not sure they have even a little bit of a clue.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
That is defiantly in the steering wheel assembly. I would not let them change out your body mounts--Jeez

Jwrichardson

Reaction score
That is defiantly in the steering wheel assembly. I would not let them change out your body mounts--Jeez
Sounds crazy doesn’t it? Im not sure if they heard something or what! I feel like they aren’t listen lol or are just don’t care!

Users who are viewing this thread