5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DFW Hail Damage

RiskReward

Reaction score
Greeting Gen 5ers!

Just wanted to share a quick story on the hailstorms that’s rolled through a few weeks ago and give a couple of shoutouts.

Got hit with some hail for the first time at this home in Fort Worth in over 5 years and of course the truck was outside since I was using it to store some dirt and landscaping stuff in. Bad night to be lazy.

In the morning the hail rolled through and by the time it stopped I noticed about 10 nice dings. I’ll say GEICO was painless and quick in getting the truck estimated and in a shop (damage Friday, being repaired Monday) but it’s a comprehensive claim so if they managed to screw that up I’d be pretty disappointed.

Real props go to Gabriel at Dent Squad USA in Frisco. I texted him Saturday after having him referred (best referral, so paying it forward here) and he got me in on Monday. Just stellar service and worth the hour drive each way to drop it off and pick it up.

Gave me text updates the whole time and exceeded the repair estimate time. Very detailed work as you can see in the pictures and speaking of detail the truck looks better than it he day I bought it new. So happy I went with these guys and disappointed I couldn’t make the recommendation to those in the area sooner!

5b1f42979b7f0bde7d1beb192cbc0b26.jpg

0715f375badb8358f3f8f6664f65a7ed.jpg

6591f0fddbd68073bbed051a1edfa0fe.jpg

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greeting Gen 5ers!

Just wanted to share a quick story on the hailstorms that’s rolled through a few weeks ago and give a couple of shoutouts.

Got hit with some hail for the first time at this home in Fort Worth in over 5 years and of course the truck was outside since I was using it to store some dirt and landscaping stuff in. Bad night to be lazy.

In the morning the hail rolled through and by the time it stopped I noticed about 10 nice dings. I’ll say GEICO was painless and quick in getting the truck estimated and in a shop (damage Friday, being repaired Monday) but it’s a comprehensive claim so if they managed to screw that up I’d be pretty disappointed.

Real props go to Gabriel at Dent Squad USA in Frisco. I texted him Saturday after having him referred (best referral, so paying it forward here) and he got me in on Monday. Just stellar service and worth the hour drive each way to drop it off and pick it up.

Gave me text updates the whole time and exceeded the repair estimate time. Very detailed work as you can see in the pictures and speaking of detail the truck looks better than it he day I bought it new. So happy I went with these guys and disappointed I couldn’t make the recommendation to those in the area sooner!

Wow for a second I thought all the pink circles was some kind of logo or wrap you had on the truck. Are all of them hail marks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure it was Hail and not Chicken Pox?

They did an amazing job! Truck looks brand new again.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Greeting Gen 5ers!

Wow. Great job!
Glad they got it all fixed up.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RiskReward Just out of curiosity, what is the price of the work on that type of extensive hail damage?
Depends on the body shop and insurance company, but when we had a really bad hail storm in Knoxville about a decade ago Allstate was basically writing blank checks for about $300 per dent. They totaled A LOT of cars.

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the body shop and insurance company, but when we had a really bad hail storm in Knoxville about a decade ago Allstate was basically writing blank checks for about $300 per dent. They totaled A LOT of cars.
Pretty crazy, I thought that some extensive jobs may just make totaling out a vehicle a wise cost-saving decision.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty crazy, I thought that some extensive jobs may just make totaling out a vehicle a wise cost-saving decision.
Yeah I managed to escape with 2 golf ball sized dents, but my dad's MR2 looked like a golf ball itself. They gave me $600 to fix my truck, but they totaled his car. The only issue with them totaling it is it now becomes a salvage title.

RiskReward

Reaction score
@RiskReward Just out of curiosity, what is the price of the work on that type of extensive hail damage?

This one ran around $6K. Repair estimate was 21 days or so. From drop off to pick up it was less than ten business days I think.

Users who are viewing this thread