5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device to start truck when battery low?

wayne47

Reaction score
I'm part of volunteer fire & rescue and expect to have my new truck at emergency scenes. I will add emergency lighting but I'd really like to deal with battery drain. Rather than leave the truck idling for 8 hours (like I did this Monday) to insure that the battery does not die, I would really like to find a way to cause the vehicle to automatically start when the battery is low. That would let me turn on whatever lights I need, lock the truck and let it "just deal with it" while on a scene. So far, I have not found such a device.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: J-J

J-J

Reaction score
I'm part of volunteer fire & rescue and expect to have my new truck at emergency scenes. I will add emergency lighting but I'd really like to deal with battery drain. Rather than leave the truck idling for 8 hours (like I did this Monday) to insure that the battery does not die, I would really like to find a way to cause the vehicle to automatically start when the battery is low. That would let me turn on whatever lights I need, lock the truck and let it "just deal with it" while on a scene. So far, I have not found such a device.

Any suggestions?
Use an auto float like I do on the boat..

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread