5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

xtremez28

Reaction score
so i went through all of my settings and could not find anything, but i plugged in some headphones to charge them through the USB and system says "device not supported" which is fine because i am looking to just charge. I clear the screen but it keeps coming back every 5 seconds. tried multiple USB outlets in truck and keep getting message reoccurring. Really irritating!!!! Why can't i clear message once and that be suffice, don't understand why it has to keep coming back every 5 seconds. Any ideas?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Buy a charger only cable or a data blocker. The system is trying to connect to the headset for CarPlay or Android Auto. You can also go in to the pairing menu option and tell it to not use that device for projection.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a 5 USB port power brick in the console, and everyone/everything charges from that now (it also feeds my wireless charger in the slide out tray)
Got tired of everyone’s phone trying to take over the radio on trips.

gunsmith22

Reaction score
so i went through all of my settings and could not find anything, but i plugged in some headphones to charge them through the USB and system says "device not supported" which is fine because i am looking to just charge. I clear the screen but it keeps coming back every 5 seconds. tried multiple USB outlets in truck and keep getting message reoccurring. Really irritating!!!! Why can't i clear message once and that be suffice, don't understand why it has to keep coming back every 5 seconds. Any ideas?
Everyone is talking USB ports under radio. I have an Iphone so I connected it to the USB port and notice it would charge on and off. Just as the Device not Connected would come on the radio. So I sprayed some alcohol in the ports. I hook my iphone back up and it stayed charging without going on and off. The message now disapperaed. I believe the USB port needs to be cleaned out. Hope this HELPS. Very annoying.

kg26wulf

Reaction score
Mine doing the same. Nothing plugged in no Bluetooth about every 5-7 seconds the "device not supported" pops up anyone have a fix yet?

Bram2019

Reaction score
Mine doing the same. Nothing plugged in no Bluetooth about every 5-7 seconds the "device not supported" pops up anyone have a fix yet?
Just as guess but one of the usb ports may be defective. Try pulling the usb panel in the rear and unplug it from the vehicle wiring harness. See if the message goes away. Then if it is still there, unplug the usb cable from the radio module. See what happens

Jim L

Reaction score
I just posted this in the other thread on this subect:
Update: took my truck to the dealer today for the device not supported message and nav not working since it tried downloading the OTA update Earlier this week. Dealer took me right in no appointment and i even had the service tech and advisor come out and talk to me. Not sure on everything he did but he did disconnected the battery, wait about 30 mins and did a reset and all works fine. He even had paperwork from Ram on the issue. When i drove around today I got the ota update which of course made me nervous. Anyway, it downloaded fine this time and all is well. Hopefully it holds

TwinSac

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. New OTA update last week and didn't really notice anything until a few days ago.
I've been using the same USB-c for my phone for nearly 3 years. Now android auto won't connect and I'm getting Device Not Supported if I stay plugged in to charge.

I guess I could try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but this seems like it is getting more common.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kg26wulf

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, mine is still acting up will try the battery disconnect thing see what happens. This Device not supported popping up every few seconds gets VERY annoying!!!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, mine is still acting up will try the battery disconnect thing see what happens. This Device not supported popping up every few seconds gets VERY annoying!!!
Just dealt with in today, tech advisor had me do a reset on radio and telematics box, unhook battery for 15 minutes. Key on engine off, set parking brake and let sit 20 minutes outside of garage. Then road test. Fixed concern, I'm guessing radio reset and battery disconnect will reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread