5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

Dansi51

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with their phone when connected via USB coming up "device not supported"? Truck is a couple months old and worked fine in the beginning as well as android auto. Now it wont even charge just keeps saying " device not supported. My truck is 2019 dodge ram 1500 sport 12 inch screen.

kurtdoten

Reaction score
I briefly had this issue with my Iphone last week. I cleared the apple car play and blue tooth connections with the vehicle off and then reconnected. This cleared up the issue. I only had this issue this one time, coincidentally it was after I applied the latest IPhone update. Hope this helps.

Loride57

Reaction score
I can connect with the Android Auto but I can't seem to receive any text messages thru it. I've deleted the app-reinstalled - ever reset the radio to factory setting more then once. still puzzled.

kurtdoten

Reaction score
I can connect with the Android Auto but I can't seem to receive any text messages thru it. I've deleted the app-reinstalled - ever reset the radio to factory setting more then once. still puzzled.

I have an Iphone, so I can't help you with text messaging in Android phones. I would check your phone settings for the specific bluetooth connection to the truck. Good luck.

quadzilla200

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I used up my Sirius subscription and so I hadn't used it since I bought the truck. I've been trying to plug in my PIxel XL and I keep getting that message. I've heard it has to do with the Android 10 update on the phones. Many complaints throughout other cars as well getting the same blank response.
Do you guys actually see the Android Auto or Apple Play Apps on the Uconnect system. I don't have either of them in Running Apps, or on the bottom bar. Are they supposed to be showing up there? I had all of that always showing on my 2014 Durango. I want to make sure I don't have another problem with my truck separate from the before mentioned issue.

ryanc111

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with their phone when connected via USB coming up "device not supported"? Truck is a couple months old and worked fine in the beginning as well as android auto. Now it wont even charge just keeps saying " device not supported. My truck is 2019 dodge ram 1500 sport 12 inch screen.

Had the same issue for awhile and resolved it by trying different cables for my Pixel3. A couple of cables would charge the phone but either not start Android Auto or give me the Device Not Supported message (it varied from time to time). When I found a cable that worked it’s been solid for me for a few months.

Frankly I’m not sure if it is the cable itself or how well the cable seats in the phone port but regardless it was fixed with a new cable.

Richy77

Reaction score
Ues
Anyone else having issues with their phone when connected via USB coming up "device not supported"? Truck is a couple months old and worked fine in the beginning as well as android auto. Now it wont even charge just keeps saying " device not supported. My truck is 2019 dodge ram 1500 sport 12 inch scre

Yes I've been having this issue too. Were you able t
Ok I fixed mine by going to settings then reset then select reset app drawer to default. Now it works

Richy77

Reaction score
Yes had this same problem I fixed it by going to settings then reset then reset app drawer to default. Works great now

Users who are viewing this thread