5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dethloff Contour rack install - 5'7 with Rambox

wpnelson

Reaction score
There are not a lot of racking options for Rambox-equipped trucks. So i splurged for the Dethloff Contour rack system. Install was a bear - you have to remove the ramboxes and tail lights in order to get access to bolt the thing on - but I'm very pleased with how it looks and how sturdy it is. The folding tonneau is not going to work, however, so if anyone in Bay Area CA wants to take a nice Lomax folding tonneau off my hands, I'm to make a deal.

Let me know any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 227

Jerstein1

Reaction score
my truck is pretty much the same one. you're right about the rack being difficult to install but it's awesome. My lomax cover works just fine with the rack. what problem are you having?

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_191423528.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210311_191423528.MP.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20210314_202231778.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210314_202231778.MP.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20210311_132414.jpg
    IMG_20210311_132414.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 127

wpnelson

Reaction score
my truck is pretty much the same one. you're right about the rack being difficult to install but it's awesome. My lomax cover works just fine with the rack. what problem are you having?
Got to love the patriot blue! Like looking at a twin.
Yes, very happy with the rack. Issue with the Lomax (or any folding cover) is when the crossbars are on. I prefer to leave 'em on as a default, since i'm mostly throwing SUP or kayak up on there. With mid-height crossbars on, the lomax won't clear the crossbar.

zj4x4

Reaction score
I'm highly interested in something like this, and this does seem to be the best option out there (though I'd prefer a more aggressive look). I also have the Lomax cover and am confused about what is blocking it since the crossmembers appear to be tall enough for the panel to clear. Are the mounting points for the crossmembers in the way or are you actually contacting the bar when you open it? Can the crossmembers be moved forwards or backwards to a specific position to allow for clearance?

wpnelson

Reaction score
I'm highly interested in something like this, and this does seem to be the best option out there (though I'd prefer a more aggressive look). I also have the Lomax cover and am confused about what is blocking it since the crossmembers appear to be tall enough for the panel to clear. Are the mounting points for the crossmembers in the way or are you actually contacting the bar when you open it? Can the crossmembers be moved forwards or backwards to a specific position to allow for clearance?

So it does look high enough, but it's not. the lomax panels lift up and then hit the crossbars with about an inch to 1 1/2" of needed clearance.

Yes, you can move the crossbars, but since there are two, the only configuration that works puts the crossbars in very odd positions - basically up against the cab and all the way back. looks super weird. You could loosen, move, open, move, tighten but that seemed like such a hassle. I spoke to Marcus D. about it and he confirmed that the three panel hard folding tonneau covers just don't work.

Jerstein1

Reaction score
So it does look high enough, but it's not. the lomax panels lift up and then hit the crossbars with about an inch to 1 1/2" of needed clearance.

Yes, you can move the crossbars, but since there are two, the only configuration that works puts the crossbars in very odd positions - basically up against the cab and all the way back. looks super weird. You could loosen, move, open, move, tighten but that seemed like such a hassle. I spoke to Marcus D. about it and he confirmed that the three panel hard folding tonneau covers just don't work.
Now I'm having the same problem when I have my rails installed. Im thinking about switching to the Truxedo Pro x15. Which ones have you been looking at?

wpnelson

Reaction score
Now I'm having the same problem when I have my rails installed. Im thinking about switching to the Truxedo Pro x15. Which ones have you been looking at?
That's what I installed - Pro x15. Looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread