5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery of new truck options from out of state?

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Anyone have a great, economical option they have used before to have a new truck delivered a couple of states away? I may buy from DC and would need delivery to Nashville. I could drive, but not sure that a 10 hour roadtrip asking for rock damage before I even get home is my best option!

RJS

Reaction score
Anyone have a great, economical option they have used before to have a new truck delivered a couple of states away? I may buy from DC and would need delivery to Nashville. I could drive, but not sure that a 10 hour roadtrip asking for rock damage before I even get home is my best option!

Take a look at Kennersville Dodge, it's been reported they can have good deals and they will deliver over quite a distance. I don't know about new cars but it's hard to get old ones delivered for much under $1000. Remember, most deliveries are on an open trailer although you do have decent protection on the lower rack.

rlc2020

Reaction score
Better for you to drive it and risk a rock chip than have some random trucker loading and unloading your brand new truck onto his trailer and driving it that way. Plus, you are asking for trouble if you don't pick it up in person. You NEED to inspect it before taking delivery or driving it off the lot.

BadAspSVT

Reaction score
Better for you to drive it and risk a rock chip than have some random trucker loading and unloading your brand new truck onto his trailer and driving it that way. Plus, you are asking for trouble if you don't pick it up in person. You NEED to inspect it before taking delivery or driving it off the lot.

Years ago I purchased a rare SVT Cobra via eBay from a Mercedes dealer in LA. Had her shipped to Delaware but in an effort to save some cash I shipped open carrier. Big mistake. Driver scraped the underside of a low bridge with my spoiler on a side road. This was a car with Mystichrome color shifting paint mind you. It was almost impossible to get the trucking co to pay for repairs because everyone considered it a custom paint job that I did not pay extra to insure, though it was in fact a factory option for that year only.

Moral - if you ship, pay for enclosed

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
imo better off driving, no one will be as careful with your truck than yourself. Lower risk of rock chips with a truck due to height compared to car. I just did well on a 34 hr round trip journey. In the past I have used painters tape on the front to avoid chips. Doesn't look pretty but does job for just a few bucks.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

drstein

Reaction score
4 month old post, I'm betting he got back by now.

Users who are viewing this thread