5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know if it's on the checklist, but I would add looking underneath for rust, finding out when the vehicle received by the dealer, and getting the specific information about the PDI pass/fail, as opposed to "oh it's all fine."

They told me that the technician who does the PDI's just makes the determination if it's 80% good or better on things like battery voltage, etc.

I wanted to see the actual voltmeter readings and load test because my truck had sat on the lot for 189 days and was built in early June 2023. 😮

I ended up just using my multimeter, seeing that the 12 V battery was at 12.8, didn't know how to test the 48 V.

Fortunately, 805 Highway miles home all at one shot took care of any charging issues. The panel on the dash said the 12 V battery was between 12.7 and 13.0 as I was driving.

Oh, the windshield washer fluid was almost empty, they missed that.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if it's on the checklist, but I would add looking underneath for rust, finding out when the vehicle received by the dealer, and getting the specific information about the PDI pass/fail, as opposed to "oh it's all fine."

They told me that the technician who does the PDI's just makes the determination if it's 80% good or better on things like battery voltage, etc.

I wanted to see the actual voltmeter readings and load test because my truck had sat on the lot for 189 days and was built in early June 2023.

I ended up just using my multimeter, seeing that the 12 V battery was at 12.8, didn't know how to test the 48 V.

Fortunately, 805 Highway miles home all at one shot took care of any charging issues. The panel on the dash said the 12 V battery was between 12.7 and 13.0 as I was driving.

To be honest, I stole / modified that checklist to be used on an ordered truck (my first '19 was on the lot under an hour before I saw it).

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I wanted to see the actual voltmeter readings and load test because my truck had sat on the lot for 189 days and was built in early June 2023. 😮

To be honest, I stole / modified that checklist to be used on an ordered truck (my first '19 was on the lot under an hour before I saw it).

Same, actually... with all the tracking we have access to now these trucks are there minutes before we jump all over them (UNLESS you didn't order it and you're buying from dealer stock). for my delivery in particular, crawling under it was actually very necessary as it was right around the time a bunch of G/T's were showing up at the dealers without the G/T exhausts on them. so it's a good thing to do inspection wise, to look for things like the right gas tank, the right suspension, and the right exhaust, but idk if you have to worry about it from a rust/time standpoint.... again, unless you're buying from a dealer stock.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Same, actually... with all the tracking we have access to now these trucks are there minutes before we jump all over them (UNLESS you didn't order it and you're buying from dealer stock). for my delivery in particular, crawling under it was actually very necessary as it was right around the time a bunch of G/T's were showing up at the dealers without the G/T exhausts on them. so it's a good thing to do inspection wise, to look for things like the right gas tank, the right suspension, and the right exhaust, but idk if you have to worry about it from a rust/time standpoint.... again, unless you're buying from a dealer stock.

I have an ordered Rebel GT at MD and will be making the trip in a couple weeks to take delivery of it. Do I need to worry about the correct GT exhaust being installed since it was a factory order?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an ordered Rebel GT at MD and will be making the trip in a couple weeks to take delivery of it. Do I need to worry about the correct GT exhaust being installed since it was a factory order?
Nah i doubt it at this point. i mean, having said that, it's ALWAYS a good idea to verify all your features are there on delivery. There's pretty much always the chance of a mixup with the number of trucks they're pushin thru there on a daily basis.

At the time when this was happening it was the first MY that had a G/T option, it was very early in the year (like jan-feb) and they were still dealing with supply shortages at the factory as far as we had heard. So overall it was kinda rare, but some showed up w/o the Mopar CAI and had a regular air filter setup that was spray painted orange (as a reminder that it was a temp and got forgotten about) which, understandably since the hood is normally closed. Others showed up w/o the exhaust, and at the same time people were ordering that exhaust to upgrade their non G/T's and some of them were waiting like 3-6 months for the parts. Even more rarely was the opposite: NON-G/T trucks showed up WITH a G/T exhaust (there are youtube videos from dealerships showing this) But the good thing is this... once they start it up you'll absolutely know right away whether its there or not. haha there's no mistaking a standard exhaust for a G/T one even if it's the only truck there.

So while i wouldn't worry about, i'd still DEFINITELY pop the hood, start it up, look around at the body, and inside the cab to make sure you got all the things you were sposta per your order - even look betwixt the bed and the cab for that little rubber gasket from top to bottom that helps with wind drag 🤪 I've seen those missing, or just one is missing. And check your foam cup holder inserts in the front doors haha. those were a hot topic back then too.

And after saying all of that, i should also tell you i was one of the many lucky ones that had no issues on delivery. Which i think since has pretty much been the rule, not the exception. Not to mention i think you said you ordered it at "Mark Dodge"?? word is, even if you have an issue, at that joint, they'll make it right almost immediately.

also congrats on the G/T... i've never loved a truck more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread