5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delaware guy, new to the site

Jonnybow

Reaction score
Hey folks, been driving Ram trucks since the late 90's but I now own my first 1500. Just got a 19 laramie, seems nice so far! I think I've had 6 2500's before this truck and they just keep getting nicer and nicer. No need to have a 2500 when the 1500's tow well over 10k. Looking forward to getting a little better gas mileage and softer suspension for my back!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome from your neighbor in New Jersey, post some photos when possible please. :)

Jonnybow

Reaction score
Here it was on the lot.....

HalPFPt.jpg

PorBoy

Reaction score
Nice, when possible please list in your signature what you have and what you want to do to it. Again welcome to the forum, where we hope to be of lots of help. :)

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your Ram 1500. Looking good, thanks for the photo. (y)

Jonnybow

Reaction score
Probably go with a 285/65 R20 tire, an agressive all terrain because I spend a lot of time on farm lanes from Sept-Feb.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but what are “ farm lanes “ ?

Jonnybow

Reaction score
Around here anyway, farm lanes are typically dirt roads that gain access to large farms. They get washed out when it rains and are very sloppy. I'm going in and out of these farm lanes many times a week during the wet and snowy season.

PorBoy

Reaction score
So M/T tires would not more so be suited to that ? Or are you trying to keep noise to a minimum?

Jonnybow

Reaction score
Yea, I'm trying to stay away from a straight M/T tire because of road noise when I'm on the highway. I'd rather stick with an aggressive A/T tire

Users who are viewing this thread