5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defaults to XM Every Startup

sgtsodo

Reaction score
My XM subscription lapsed recently.

No big deal, I'm going to give FM/Podcasts/Streaming a try for now. However, every time I fire up the truck it diverts to the XM preview channel! Quite annoying! I have looked through the settings and haven't gotten it figured out yet.

Has anyone seen this? Or am I missing something?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
As in, you had it on FM when you got out, and it switched to SXM when you got back in?
It should go back to what you had it on when you got out...unless it was playing from your phone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My XM subscription lapsed recently.

No big deal, I'm going to give FM/Podcasts/Streaming a try for now. However, every time I fire up the truck it diverts to the XM preview channel! Quite annoying! I have looked through the settings and haven't gotten it figured out yet.

Has anyone seen this? Or am I missing something?
I know that the XM preview channel default is an issue that Sirius knows about. I would check if any of the updates take care of it but I believe it’s a Sirius issue. That aside, it should stay on whatever you left it on when you shut down. I guess Sirius is trying to tell you something. They want you back!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will default to whatever you saved the last time you hit the driver memory button. If you want it to default to radio; then turn your UConnect to radio and hit the save settings button on your left hand door panel (same button used to save seat position).

sgtsodo

Reaction score
It will default to whatever you saved the last time you hit the driver memory button. If you want it to default to radio; then turn your UConnect to radio and hit the save settings button on your left hand door panel (same button used to save seat position).

I'll give this a try.

Yes, I will leave it on FM, then upon start up its back on XM.

sgtsodo

Reaction score

This has me fixed up, Thank you!

dannyjo

Reaction score
Maybe I found a solution. Will try it soon.

Fix?

1. Sit in driver seat, doors closed, vehicle off.
2. Foot off the break, press start/stop button once to place vehicle in ACC mode.
3. Press the start/stop button twice to turn off vehicle.
4. Hold the Voice Recognition and Green Phone buttons on the steering wheel for 30 seconds, then let go.
5. Open the driver door for 30 seconds, or until the dash display cluster turns off - whichever comes first, then close the door.
6. Hold down the break pedal, and press the start/stop button to start the vehicle normally.

Other user reported: After I did step 6, my Uconnect system quickly flashed through several screens including what looked like a dial pad and the text "enter anti-theft code" (?). It still started in FM radio, but when I pressed the Media icon, it immediately went to Bluetooth (whereas in the past, I would have to hit the down arrow then select Bluetooth). I restarted the vehicle normally again, and this time it went straight to Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread