5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEF filling

mdirads

Reaction score
Hi

New owner here. 2022 1500 Limited diesel engine. This is my first diesel. I purchased a 2.5 gallon container of DEF from my dealer. When I need to fill the DEF tank, should I use a regular funnel or is there a particular item required to pour the fluid into the DEF reservoir?

Thanks in advance!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Hi

New owner here. 2022 1500 Limited diesel engine. This is my first diesel. I purchased a 2.5 gallon container of DEF from my dealer. When I need to fill the DEF tank, should I use a regular funnel or is there a particular item required to pour the fluid into the DEF reservoir?

Thanks in advance!
A filler tube should have come with your 2.5 gal purchase. If it didn't use a long neck funnel and wash is out good when finished

Crazy Dane

Reaction score

This is what was recommended to me and it works well. When filling out of a jug, take the jug out of the box( I find the box awkward to hold) and throw away the spout that comes with it. Pour slow and you won't get any splash. I rinse and dry my funnel and store in the floor compartment.

tom318

Reaction score
John and Dane--I appreciate the replies!
I usually used the filler that came with the jug but now a local station sells DEF at the pump so I do that. It is a pain usually with those jugs but if your lucky, keep your eyes out at some of your local gas stations. Some sell DEF at the pump at a much lower price. They just built some Thortons Gas stations near me and it was $3.99 gal. to fill and no hassle.

Also, Walmart and other big box stores sell the 2.5 gal jugs which id assume are also cheaper than the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread