5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deepest snow on stock height and tires?

Yogi217

Reaction score
Hi all,

Curious, what's the deepest snow you're driven your truck in on stock height (no org or north edition or rebel) with stock 32" tires?

I used to have a lifted TJ with 33s and I drove through some serious storms in that.

I'm thinking even with only 32s and standard ground clearance of what, 8" or so, should be able to get through quite a bit with 4x4, thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The stock tires are going to be the biggest handicap. They aren’t made for deep snow, they are made for highway use. A set of chains on the back would make a world of difference. But if you plan to drive in deep snow I would seriously look at better tires.

Polo08816

Reaction score
I would imagine this would depend on the type of snow as well as the driving surface underneath the snow. Whether it's wet/dense snow vs. powdery snow. Unless you have ridiculously huge tires to ride on top of the least dense snow out there, a lot of this is going to be dependent on whether the traction you have is able to overcome the resistance once the snow exceeds your ground clearanc Actual snow/winter tires will have a huge impact here.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Have driven through 14" with a lowered Audi RS4 and 24" w/ a Cayenne (all with proper snow tires) bet with winter rubber and proper weighting in the bed could easily get through 2.5'

CornTrucks

Reaction score
It completely depends on what type of snow it is. Anything can plow through several feet of light powder, but for standard moderate stuff that is too dense to plow through, it’s whatever gets you high-centered (in my experience at least). Side steps can get hung up on the snow, etc on snow not much deeper than they sit. You can always bust through a 3-4 foot tall drift, but for consistent snow depth you can get hung up on less than a foot.

Users who are viewing this thread