5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dee Zee ez down tailgate assist not very good?

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just installed the dee zee ez down tailgate assist under the drivers tailight like the factory one. I find that it kinda sucks. I have had these on every truck I have had and they worked awesome. This one does not really slow it down. Well at least not like previous ones. Maybe I have a bad shock or poor design. What is everyone else that has one think. Part number DZ43302.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just installed the dee zee ez down tailgate assist under the drivers tailight like the factory one. I find that it kinda sucks. I have had these on every truck I have had and they worked awesome. This one does not really slow it down. Well at least not like previous ones. Maybe I have a bad shock or poor design. What is everyone else that has one think. Part number DZ43302.
I don’t think the OEM assist is very strong either. It does just enough to allow the tailgate to drop without a bang.

leeghoti

Reaction score
I don’t think the OEM assist is very strong either. It does just enough to allow the tailgate to drop without a bang.
Yeah I put it on too & it is noticeably less effective than others I have had. It just doesn't have as much of a cylinder since it installs on the hinge itself. It still does the job I want it to though, meaning I can pull the release and just let go of the tailgate & walk away without having it slam down.

Users who are viewing this thread