5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dedicated winter tires

hotjava66

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback. Recently traded for an extra set of 20” wheels for my 1500 Laramie. Looking for some close to factory size LT/E rated winter tires. 265/60R20 is about the only size with E rated winter tires available and they are pretty limited. I have run a few different options in the past but no experience with the ones available. Cooper snow claw, Mastercraft MSR, or Blizzak LT. Anyone run any of these and have any thoughts on them?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback. Recently traded for an extra set of 20” wheels for my 1500 Laramie. Looking for some close to factory size LT/E rated winter tires. 265/60R20 is about the only size with E rated winter tires available and they are pretty limited. I have run a few different options in the past but no experience with the ones available. Cooper snow claw, Mastercraft MSR, or Blizzak LT. Anyone run any of these and have any thoughts on them?
Coopers are OK. Your best best would be the Blizzaks. Unless you want to get a A/T made for snowy/mild off road. Then it's the Falken Wildpeaks that come to mind. (I have the P rated due to their weight)

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Blizzaks and they are awesome in the winter. On my previous truck I ran snowflake rated Hankook dynapro A/T tires and they were an awesome all season tire that did well in snow for traction but a real winter tire like the blizzak is noticeably better for ice and stopping on cold dry pavement.

Users who are viewing this thread