5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decisions on Trim for 2022 ... any input welcome

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Been struggling back and forth between the Night Package on the Limited and just blacking out some of the chrome on a Limited trim. I think I like the frost/indigo interior enough on the Limited to want to forgo the Night Package (which would require black interior), but will do my best to make it look like a Night package as well. I don't LOVE the front end in the Night Package as it looks almost too blacked out for my liking. I think I would leave the RAM badge and the middle part of the grille as is from the factory but wrap the rest of the chrome up front and then add the black badges on the exterior as well. I think I'll black out the chrome on the mirror caps, lower rocker, around the windows, and on the door handles as well as the tow hooks and exhaust tips. Still deciding between Tri Coat Ivory and Billet Silver, but leaning Tri Coat Ivory because it goes with the Frost/Indigo interior better?

I may order the 20s from the factory and just spend the $2100 saved on rims I like OR have the dealer put on the 22s from the Night package on the Laramie (like them better than the Limited Rims).

Any thoughts on any of these decisions or concerns? I will order a 2022 Ram EcoDiesel (3.21 rear) when able. Thanks to all who post here and have helped me make decisions thus far!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have a ‘21 Limited EcoDiesel, I really wanted a Patriot Blue Night Edition but I actually prefer chrome a lot, and I love the Indigo/Light Frost Interior, as well as the Off-Road Group, so I went with the standard look. I really don’t like the body color bumper group option. Most people with Limited’s have that it seems like.

My buddy just got a ‘21 Limited Night Edition Hemi ETorque in Billet Silver. His was off the lot, mines a Custom Order. They’re both sick to compare. I would say if ya want the blacked out look, def go Night Edition. My mother’s 2500 is a Black Night Edition actually. Anyways, here’s mine and his. Def go 2022, supposed to get some new options.

Also, as far as Tri-Coat Ivory, the paint tends to yellow on the plastic bits, aka the bumper and fenders compared to the hood and sides of the truck. So be warned, Silver always seems it has defects a lot but I like the color. I went black cuz classy haha, but def go Patriot Blue for the Night Edition if ya go that way unless they have new colors for 2022.

Mine’s on top, his bottom:

20E3B65D-BFD3-4D85-9A18-8C25F0ACC137.jpeg

More Chrome:

4CB449BF-EE3B-4029-808F-CEDC6E6C189E.jpeg 28636CB5-3D59-475C-8B92-0D77911259E9.jpeg

Those 20’s w/ Off-Road Group Tires:

77130760-EDAC-46B3-AE02-175EC35954E8.jpeg

My Interior:

D05B2395-7B4C-44A1-9C67-E3E9AB986682.jpeg 9181F12C-7F13-4933-B7D8-5E8DE93891B0.jpeg 3BA12C6F-6691-4B14-A51D-6CEA4643C71F.jpeg 2925E8D7-8C10-4A3B-BA95-4CC8A217CD9E.jpeg 33EF607D-38E9-4347-92E0-85C8A5F4381E.jpeg

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What product/process would you use to black out the window trim, mirror caps, etc?

See my sig for my on-order Limited build. I went chrome bumpers because they are much harder to chip (I had painted bumpers on my 2018 F150 and quickly got several chips).

Here is an example of the red with indigo/frost.

I was between delmonico red, patriot blue, ivory tricoat, and magnetic steel. Another dealer (different from above and different from where I ordered) had them all nearly next to each other on the lot. The red looks great, especially in a Limited. My second favorite was probably the ivory, and we have a Highlander SE (some blacked out stuff) that is a similar color to the ivory.

The black Limited interior is ALL black and very dark and feels small. My F150 was like that.
That is why I went indigo/frost. On lower trims (like my Laramie) the a-pillars and headliner are a lighter color.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
What product/process would you use to black out the window trim, mirror caps, etc?

See my sig for my on-order Limited build. I went chrome bumpers because they are much harder to chip (I had painted bumpers on my 2018 F150 and quickly got several chips).

Here is an example of the red with indigo/frost.

I was between delmonico red, patriot blue, ivory tricoat, and magnetic steel. Another dealer (different from above and different from where I ordered) had them all nearly next to each other on the lot. The red looks great, especially in a Limited. My second favorite was probably the ivory, and we have a Highlander SE (some blacked out stuff) that is a similar color to the ivory.

The black Limited interior is ALL black and very dark and feels small. My F150 was like that.
That is why I went indigo/frost. On lower trims (like my Laramie) the a-pillars and headliner are a lighter color.

I would do gloss black vinyl wrap likely, but order decals OEM where able on the rear and side "RAM." I'd probably try and get the dealer to order the black 22s from the Laramie Night and cut me a deal on trading my rims in. If they wouldn't do that I'd just order the 20s and trade them out for some aftermarket ones I like.

Agree 100% on the all black interior. I don't mind them, but it is VERY black on the Ram ... not a lot to break up all the dark. Pretty set on Tri Coat Ivory w Indigo/Frost interior as of now. Pretty set on vinyl wrapping the chrome away too (except for the central Ram badge on the front and the light wavy chrome strips in the middle.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I vote Night Edition Limited.
I'm definitely biased. Lol

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I went night edition. I hate chrome. I hate light colored interiors as well. I have grey leather in one of my cars and it shows dirt really bad. I wouldn't want to see that indigo frost leather after a month with me.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really dislike black interiors (why, automakers, why must you make everything all black?), and living in the Southeast, I especially hate black seats.

So my vote, not that I get one, would be indigo/frost. Then personally, I’d leave the chrome alone, but that’s because I’m apparently becoming an old man. Hey, get off my lawn!

RBJ

Reaction score
As said by many already, it’s a personal choice between colors, chrome, night edition, wheels, engines and more. Nearly all of my previously owned vehicles were black or silver.
Now, I have a 2021 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 with Ivory White Tri–Coat Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint and with Mountain Brown leather Interior color and a 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine mated to an 8–Speed Automatic Transmission. It rides on the 22” diamond cut rims. I love the overall look and stance and would add the Tri–Coat Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint looks much much better than plain White. It rides like luxury sedan on the highway.
Enjoy whatever color and options you choose.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m biased towards the Tri-Coat Ivory too. I think you’ll have a nice combo with the Indigo Frost interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online