5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decisions, decisions...

Chief holley

Reaction score
maybe the RAM has some issues yet compared to the service costs for the German makes, well, I'd take the chance on RAM. Look at the Limiteds, they compare quite favorably with any 3 pointed star offering. Especially now with 17K off MSRP, at my dealer in NC anyway. Does Mercedes discount MSRP by 25%?

Discount!? Yeah right, lol! I ruled out BMW's completely. I got burned with a $9,000 engine repair and I will never set foot in other BMW dealer for the way they treat you. I have seen some amazing deals on the Rams and test drove two of them, both Limiteds, I was blown away from my memories of my 2006. I am giving myself 3-6 months to purchase, so I can make my best informed decision.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Discount!? Yeah right, lol! I ruled out BMW's completely. I got burned with a $9,000 engine repair and I will never set foot in other BMW dealer for the way they treat you. I have seen some amazing deals on the Rams and test drove two of them, both Limiteds, I was blown away from my memories of my 2006. I am giving myself 3-6 months to purchase, so I can make my best informed decision.

Waiting for 3-6 months is fine, there will be 2020's out, as well as a possibly redesigned F-150. But then you could be driving a Ltd that's the price of a Laramie... and that's a pretty good deal!
The new production bugs are being worked out one by one, several of the early adopters issues have been TSB'd with varying degrees of success. The main ones that seem to be hanging up are the AC temp issue and the 12" screen, plus some UConnect complaints.
I personally haven't measured the AC temps, (mine feels fine, but I don't like it super cold), and my 12" screen NAV/voice recognition and Uconnect work as well as my occasional playing with it can show.
It's probably considered "smarter" to wait for the 2020 model and get all the issues fixed, that's very much a personal choice especially if you don't need another vehicle. The main thing that I have learned from my buying experience is that FCA/RAM does not seem to announce that they are increasing the rebates till it occurs, whereas just about every Ford dealer will tell you that "employee pricing" is in July. So even though now is a great time to purchase, who knows what it will be in 3-6 months, but doubtful you will see these reductions.

machz

Reaction score
I traded my 18 Audi S5 sportback for my 19 rebel. I have owned tons of sports cars over the years but I was sick of having to borrow a truck for some things around the house. I also have a boat and picked up a couple of ATV's. I have owned this truck since February and have zero regrets.

Reighnman

Reaction score
Traded in my 17’ M4 ZCP 6MT Saturday for a Laramie Sport if that counts :)

This was after purchasing a 2010 Sierra 2500 to try and have both two months previous, ended up liking the commute better in the 2500 so decided to consolidate.

First day of commuting in the RAM happy with my choice.

Rick J

Reaction score
My youngest son bought a Tesla S the same week I got my limited. I prefer the Ram . The S is unbelievable 0 to 60 but my RAM has much more room and is just as nice inside. However, I can't make my truck fart at a selected seat location like the Tesla :D

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My youngest son bought a Tesla S the same week I got my limited. I prefer the Ram . The S is unbelievable 0 to 60 but my RAM has much more room and is just as nice inside. However, I can't make my truck fart at a selected seat location like the Tesla :D
RAM is definitely nicer inside. Tesla's design language is either too plain, or they can't afford to put more detail & materials in the car. It is just barren in comparison to all the detail and materials in the RAM. I also love/hate the "vegan" leather aka polyurethane seating surfaces. Easy to clean and care for, but it looks and feel fake, which I dislike. Also doesn't breathe for crap, meaning your backside will sweat on a long drive or immediately in the warm months - you somehow only get vented seats on the $150K performance models... The leather in these trucks is completely different. Each piece is unique (natural skin pattern), feels thick, and obviously real. The wood accents, stitching, and other materials used in the RAM just look far superior IMO. The cabin space also blows it away.

Chief holley

Reaction score
RAM is definitely nicer inside. Tesla's design language is either too plain, or they can't afford to put more detail & materials in the car. It is just barren in comparison to all the detail and materials in the RAM. I also love/hate the "vegan" leather aka polyurethane seating surfaces. Easy to clean and care for, but it looks and feel fake, which I dislike. Also doesn't breathe for crap, meaning your backside will sweat on a long drive or immediately in the warm months - you somehow only get vented seats on the $150K performance models... The leather in these trucks is completely different. Each piece is unique (natural skin pattern), feels thick, and obviously real. The wood accents, stitching, and other materials used in the RAM just look far superior IMO. The cabin space also blows it away.

I’m about to do more test driving of the Ram. I’m looking now to see the difference in air suspension vs coil. The merc rides like a cloud, the Ram rides very close so now I have to try the coil before I make the Laramie decision.

Chief holley

Reaction score
Traded in my 17’ M4 ZCP 6MT Saturday for a Laramie Sport if that counts :)

This was after purchasing a 2010 Sierra 2500 to try and have both two months previous, ended up liking the commute better in the 2500 so decided to consolidate.

First day of commuting in the RAM happy with my choice.

Congratulations and yes it does! Thank you for your feedback, why a 2500 oppose to a 1500?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online