5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deciding between 285/70r18 and 295/70r18 Nitto Ridge Grappler

Ccroce

Reaction score
Going with a 2” level ?
I’ve been thinking through this a lot over the weekend. I’m getting frustrated with my 3.21 gear ratio. I want to get the Mopar 2 inch lift because a shop nearby is offering $1,700 installed less the 15% Mopar coupon ($200 max discount), so essentially $1,500 and change. I was thinking Mopar lift and then 34 inch tires but I don’t want to sacrifice on road performance that much since I have the 3.21. So now I’m thinking of just keeping it stick except going with a 33 inch tire (maybe the stock Rebel Duratracs) to better fill up the wheel wells and give it that more aggressive look. The rake doesn’t really bother me, but I do want it to sit a bit higher after seeing some of the Chevys and GMCs on the road this past weekend. They all sit higher, even the non-AT4s. I have a stock Laramie without ORP. I hated the stock Laramie wheels at first, but I think what I hated more was the combination with the OEM tires. I think those wheels would look ok with the 33 inch Duratracs, but I’d have to trim or get ORP springs I’m guessing so they don’t rub. Just disappointed all around but hopefully it comes out ok.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I suggest just get a more aggressive looking tire without going to an LT and enjoy it as is.

Ccroce

Reaction score
So I suggest just get a more aggressive looking tire without going to an LT and enjoy it as is.
That’s what I’m thinking. Unless the Mopar lift with 275/70r18 won’t make the tires look small. I do like the idea of upgrading the suspension. Do you think the 2 inch lift with 33s would look ok? I don’t have ORG, so thinking maybe it would just make it sit like a Rebel? What are your thoughts - thanks.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes or even if you wanted to move to 275/70 but again in a slightly more aggressive tire. Too bad you aren’t in NJ as you could come by and take a look at what I have on your truck.

Ccroce

Reaction score
Yes or even if you wanted to move to 275/70 but again in a slightly more aggressive tire. Too bad you aren’t in NJ as you could come by and take a look at what I have on your truck.
Really appreciate the offer, but up in MA. Did the 275/70r18 Toyos rub at all before the level? I found a set of Duratracs in that size for <$750 and just curious if they'd rub.

Ccroce

Reaction score
Really appreciate the offer, but up in MA. Did the 275/70r18 Toyos rub at all before the level? I found a set of Duratracs in that size for <$750 and just curious if they'd rub.

Sorry, meant before the lift. Thanks.

Mal

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some Procomp Prodigy 18's another member was running and trying to decide whether to go with the 285/70r18 (33.98) or the 295/70r18 (34.29). I ran the same tire on my 2018 Rebel with Air Suspension in 305/70r17 (33.86) but want just a bit bigger this time for when I level the truck. I have been searching quite a bit and see alot of member running this size for 20s and those running 18s mainly went 35x12.50r18. Has anyone gone with either of these sizes for 18s and regretted it?
295 70 is fine I have a 2019 ram rebel but i never like the tire and rim combo. I replace the rims for 18x9 and 0 offset and 295 70 18 nitto ridge grappler. The weight increment was like 6 or 7 pounds per tire which it didn’t cause any problems so far. On the other hand, the trucks drives better because the tires are less noisy by far and also the truck runs smoothly. I’m not a big fan of the duratracs. I don’t know why some people is telling you the the 295s are to big and heavy.. not true .. it’s not that much of an increment from stock tho the 295

Users who are viewing this thread