5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debating on Emblems

Ryno

Reaction score
I'm wanting to change my emblems from chrome to a matte black/orange inlay. I can't decide whether to go all vinyl, plastidip with a vinyl inlay, or paint? What's the opinion out there?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy OEM black emblems and then do the orange overlay …. Retro Shop can do some cool stuff with the RAM badge on rear …. Color match your RAM grill letters
0b042d010f7d09f2b6c986c45d16d0fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limo21

Reaction score
I changed my from chrome to black using Plastic Dip. I've seen a few colors for Plastic Dip, but I don't know how extensive the list is.
2021 Ram BigHorn.jpg

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To each his own …. I can’t do plati-dip …. It’s a $5 fix for a $5 truck …. JMO …. To each his own

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I vote either change to black then either do an overlay or paint. Personally I choose paint to colormatch. Never been a fan of Plasti dip on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ryno

Reaction score
I've never been a big fan either, but then I came across a video of A guy doing hyperdip and rabbit hole I went. I prefer paint, but I also become very anal when I do.

Abesosa

Reaction score
The hyper dip stuff is legit…. If anything it’s reversible but at least the new stuff doesn’t have the orange peel texture anymore

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection

Users who are viewing this thread