5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debadging Question

Ram1984

Reaction score
Hairdryer,,fishing line,,and I always use a product called Tarminator. It’s safe for the paint and breaks down the leftover glue very well. Then compound the area and you’re good

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be aware that when trade in time comes, they may try to devalue your truck speculating that the truck was in an accident and that panels with missing badges have been resprayed.

Ask me how I know.

pber1

Reaction score
And another tip is since the 3M tape they use is "air release" try to catch a corner and pull it upright at a 90 degree angle. With luck it ALMOST comes off full letter at a time leaving ZERO residue. I did mine like that had ENTIRE badge off in less than 5 after i shimmied the fishing line behind first corner. My husband had done his a year earlier trying to roll each piece with thumbs. Took him 2 hours and 2 sore thumbs!
Yeah I had the same issue you your husband did! Lol the ram emblem on the tailgate was the worst!

Sultanobaidan

Reaction score
Unfortunately in the middle east we got huge obnoxious letters written RAM on the tailgate. I was wondering if I could remove it and swap it out with a simple blacked out logo. Or are the tailgates specifically designed for the logo itself. I know it sounds stupid. But I was wondering if it was sorta embedded to fit if you know what I mean.

Attachments

• 20190816_231957.jpg
    20190816_231957.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 75

Lize

Reaction score
Unfortunately in the middle east we got huge obnoxious letters written RAM on the tailgate. I was wondering if I could remove it and swap it out with a simple blacked out logo. Or are the tailgates specifically designed for the logo itself. I know it sounds stupid. But I was wondering if it was sorta embedded to fit if you know what I mean.
Thats an interesting difference, looks like the Rebel tailgate. The letters on that are black and I believe not easily removable as they have pins into holes into the tailgate. You could plasti-dip the letters or swap them for Rebel ones to be more subtle.

Sultanobaidan

Reaction score
Thats an interesting difference, looks like the Rebel tailgate. The letters on that are black and I believe not easily removable as they have pins into holes into the tailgate. You could plasti-dip the letters or swap them for Rebel ones to be more subtle.
Ah so they are pinned down.. Ill probrably go for it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Barney556180

Reaction score
Got it - hair dryer good or do I need a heat gun?

I parked in the sun to warm up the body panels, then fish-lined the emblems off. Cleaned up the residual glue and done. Take your time and it will come out perfect.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Dang tile in the wash bay :LOL: only in the Middle East

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where in the middle east are you? Very unique difference but too much chrome

Sultanobaidan

Reaction score
Where in the middle east are you? Very unique difference but too much chrome
I live in Qatar. We got RAM written on the back of our tailgates instead of a ram logo.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread