5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death of the Hemi opinion piece

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Death? I dont think so myself and not in the Trucks.

I just have this thing in my head about aluminum and warping that I just cant get rid of..............

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Death? I dont think so myself and not in the Trucks.

I just have this thing in my head about aluminum and warping that I just cant get rid of..............
The Hemi uses aluminum heads............

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Hemi uses aluminum heads............
Yes I am aware of the heads I was referring to the block so my fault I should have been more specific. The more aluminum you have the more chances you have for warping. I never saw a steel engine block warp.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I am aware of the heads I was referring to the block so my fault I should have been more specific. The more aluminum you have the more chances you have for warping. I never saw a steel engine block warp.
haven't heard of any Camaro ZL1's warping...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually less chance of things warping or having issues when everything is the same metal. Greater chance of issues with cast iron block and aluminum heads

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny they didn't mention to 800+ HP hydrogen engine Dodge has planned as a hellcat replacement

Users who are viewing this thread