5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deals on Armor Flex

PAramguy

Reaction score
I keep debating which hardcover to get, Gator FX3, Bak G2, Bak MX4 or Undercover armor flex … I’ve seen a few people complain about the ultra flex being easily dented or scratched…

Has anyone gotten better deals on these covers, specifically the Armor Flex than just going to the usual websites and seeing the list price? I’ve seen comments about emailing different guys at truck hero or truck alterations but they seemed old.

Thanks all!

Maleton3

Reaction score
Purchase from either Truck Alterations or @Accessory.Parts. Both offer very competitive prices. I got my Undercover Armor Flex (With MFT / RamBox Compatibility) from Truck Alterations about a month ago for $1075 all in ($200 less than the closest online site was EXCLUDING shipping, let alone including).

The UnderCover Armor Flex is a fantastic cover btw! Love mine! Great build quality, works great and due to the coating on it I am not concerned at all about scratches or dents!

Modstang

Reaction score
I found mine on Amazon and rolled the dice on a used one. Something like $1,000 new and used like new was $450. Came in perfect condition.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I have an MX4, and I couldn't think of anything I would improve. It is by far the best option for my use case. Not sure if the armor flex is better or worse. You can't go wrong with an MX4.

I think the armor flex blocks the rear view camera while it's up because it rests in the completely vertical position. The MX4 resting on the cab isn't an issue at all. I like being able to use the rearview mirror camera with stuff in the bed and cover folded up.

I was thinking about one of the rolling covers, but now that I realized you have to lock and unlock with a key, I'm glad I didn't get one. Just locking the truck and knowing the bed is secure is nice.

Maleton3

Reaction score
I can confirm that the Armor Flex does block the camera / rear view mirror when completely upright. It is one of the trade offs of the cover (and many tri folds). I debated for quite some time over the MX4 vs the Armor Flex actually. Both are great covers and really depend on your priorities. Both also lock into place no matter if you put it down when the tailgate is up or down which is great for quality of life.

My big reasons for choosing the Armor Flex over the MX4 was I drive through some pretty nasty conditions and the Line-X coating is great for scratches and dents from ice, hail, etc. and IIRC the Armor Flex uses a solid aluminum core vs a foam core which helps with resisting dents (at the cost of weight). I've also seen quite a few complaints about BakFlips QA. It seems that there has been some issues there in the past and led to some unhappy customers. Don't get me wrong, the MX4 is a great cover, it's well built and great for many. The QA mistakes is not a reflection of the cover. Just want to reduce my chances of having a faulty one if QA has been known to have some issues. That being said, Bakflip sells so many covers it could just be a matter of numbers as well.

My family members have an MX4 and love it. I have an Armor Flex and love it. You really can't go wrong depending on your needs. They are more similar than they are different in all honesty.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had BAKFlip on two previous trucks, dented easily and the black finish started to come off after about a year both times.

Switched to ArmorFlex back in 2018 when I bought my 2019 Laramie. Put it on my 2021 Limited when I traded my 2019. The LineX coating still looks great and no dents or scratches.

Other than blocking the rear view camera, no issues and would definitely buy again.

Try [email protected] tell him you’re a member of this forum for discount.

gumbo2000

Reaction score
I have put in an order for a 2023 Limited this week and am assuming I will need to purchase the silver rails and swap them out for the black ones for either the ArmorFlex or BAKFlip. Would anyone be able to confirm?

Maleton3

Reaction score
I have put in an order for a 2023 Limited this week and am assuming I will need to purchase the silver rails and swap them out for the black ones for either the ArmorFlex or BAKFlip. Would anyone be able to confirm?
It depends on your configuration. I have a 2022 Limited with Ram Boxes, BUG and MFT. Mine came with the silver rails and I did not need to swap anything out to install the ArmorFlex. IIRC you end up with black rails if you either ordered it with a Mopar tonneau cover, or have the BUG + MFT but not the RamBoxes. If you have RamBoxes you will not have black rails.

gumbo2000

Reaction score
It depends on your configuration. I have a 2022 Limited with Ram Boxes, BUG and MFT. Mine came with the silver rails and I did not need to swap anything out to install the ArmorFlex. IIRC you end up with black rails if you either ordered it with a Mopar tonneau cover, or have the BUG + MFT but not the RamBoxes. If you have RamBoxes you will not have black rails.
Thank you so much for the reply! I know I have months to wait but of course I am already shopping for accessories. ;) I have ordered the Ram Boxes and MFT but no BUG. I thought the dealer said it would include the soft cover and assumed that meant the black rails. I hope not.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We would be more than happy to help you in the purchase of a new cover, our company being the owner of this brand I offer some great forum pricing. Dont hesitate to reach out at [email protected]

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply! I know I have months to wait but of course I am already shopping for accessories. ;) I have ordered the Ram Boxes and MFT but no BUG. I thought the dealer said it would include the soft cover and assumed that meant the black rails. I hope not.
It most likely does.
BUG doesn't trigger black or silver rails.
Ramboxes and MFT MIGHT trigger it, but night edition 100% does for the Limited.

If they said it comes with the soft cover, you are getting black rails because you can't mount the soft cover with silver rails on a Rambox truck.

Users who are viewing this thread