5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealerships telling me they have no parts!

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
So I have been trying to get my truck in to get this front end chirp resolved on my 19 Rebel, every RAM dealer in the Denver metro is telling me they are a month or more out on repairs due to "part shortages" because of "shutdowns". I find this odd because I was able to get one of my other trucks right into the Ford dealer, order parts and have it fixed inside three days no problem. And just so we are clear, these were not normal parts stocked in house. Is this just poor planning on RAMS part or is this a common theme across the country for them?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So I have been trying to get my truck in to get this front end chirp resolved on my 19 Rebel, every RAM dealer in the Denver metro is telling me they are a month or more out on repairs due to "part shortages" because of "shutdowns". I find this odd because I was able to get one of my other trucks right into the Ford dealer, order parts and have it fixed inside three days no problem. And just so we are clear, these were not normal parts stocked in house. Is this just poor planning on RAMS part or is this a common theme across the country for them?
Yep. Common theme.
This has been an issue with various parts since these trucks hit dealers over two years ago. Nothing to do with shutdowns, just pi$$-poor planning on FCA's part.

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
Yep. Common theme.
This has been an issue with various parts since these trucks hit dealers over two years ago. Nothing to do with shutdowns, just pi$$-poor planning on FCA's part.

Honestly,

I don't want a truck I can't get fixed in a timely manner. I love it, it's comfortable and styled amazingly but I think it's time to go shopping. It's just been one excuse after another for several months with this truck. And the fact they don't do rentals or loaners at a lot of the dealership is just absurd. I asked one service manager today about the issue with the loner or rental he said "dunno figure something out" "we only have 6 loaners and we are over a month out so I can put you on a wait list for one"

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Honestly,

I don't want a truck I can't get fixed in a timely manner. I love it, it's comfortable and styled amazingly but I think it's time to go shopping. It's just been one excuse after another for several months with this truck. And the fact they don't do rentals or loaners at a lot of the dealership is just absurd. I asked one service manager today about the issue with the loner or rental he said "dunno figure something out" "we only have 6 loaners and we are over a month out so I can put you on a wait list for one"
I hear ya. Very annoying since it seems to be a crapshoot. Some folks here have had to wait for weeks to get very important parts like eTorque components, etc, which is unacceptable.

Regarding rentals, you may want to try a different dealer. My dealer here in Houston has been great and I've had free rentals since I've had the truck.
While it has been in the shop more than all my other vehicles combined, at least I not had to pay for rentals. I know, still pretty sad that I've had to take my truck to the dealer over a DOZEN times in a year and a half time span, right? :oops:

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
I hear ya. Very annoying since it seems to be a crapshoot. Some folks here have had to wait for weeks to get very important parts like eTorque components, etc, which is unacceptable.

Regarding rentals, you may want to try a different dealer. My dealer here in Houston has been great and I've had free rentals since I've had the truck.
While it has been in the shop more than all my other vehicles combined, at least I not had to pay for rentals. I know, still pretty sad that I've had to take my truck to the dealer over a DOZEN times in a year and a half time span, right? :oops:

I've called every RAM dealer in the Denver metro. Nobody has rentals but they do have loaners and only 3-6 of them at a time. I asked if they would provide a rental from a rental agency and got laughed at basically.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the parts, they only parts I had to have replaced by the dealer was the driver side mirror which came in right away. Then I had a fender bender and the body shop got OEM bumper/headlight and some other small parts next day.

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the parts, they only parts I had to have replaced by the dealer was the driver side mirror which came in right away. Then I had a fender bender and the body shop got OEM bumper/headlight and some other small parts next day.

One dealer here told me it's because we live in the mountains lol. I'm like WTF does that have to do with anything!

Downytide

Reaction score
One dealer here told me it's because we live in the mountains lol. I'm like WTF does that have to do with anything!

Logistics, some regional warehouse don't keep certain parts due to planning, and for them to receive those parts, they have to wait for shipment from another warehouse which adds to a lot of time.

You may be better off calling larger dealership on coastal area for parts.

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
Logistics, some regional warehouse don't keep certain parts due to planning, and for them to receive those parts, they have to wait for shipment from another warehouse which adds to a lot of time.

You may be better off calling larger dealership on coastal area for parts.

It isn't that easy. They won't order parts until they see other Star reports that show the upgraded calipers and rattle clips, thus extending the time out even further.

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
:poop: rolls downhill. The most disappointing thing about the truck by far is the dealerships and their go pound sand attitude

That seems to be the theme with all RAM dealerships in the Denver metro area and even ones up to an hour away. If it isn't out of warranty work it seems like they don't want to entertain it.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been to our local Tractor Supply quite a bit lately and there's a lot of inventory still unfilled. I even asked the manager if they were going out of business. She told me that truck delivery schedules have been pushed out causing delays in restocking shipments.

It could be that the issue is part specific. My dealer recently replaced the driver's side mirror for me and the part arrived in three days. I didn't think that was unreasonable.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 038492 miles.

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
I've been to our local Tractor Supply quite a bit lately and there's a lot of inventory still unfilled. I even asked the manager if they were going out of business. She told me that truck delivery schedules have been pushed out causing delays in restocking shipments.

It could be that the issue is part specific. My dealer recently replaced the driver's side mirror for me and the part arrived in three days. I didn't think that was unreasonable.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 038492 miles.

My problem is, this is a two plus year old issue and they have a fix, but none of the dealerships want to acknowledge it and claim they have no idea what's going on and then have no parts or simply don't want to order them or keep a few in stock. We are talking huge metroplex dealers, not tiny small town mom and pop dealers.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My problem is, this is a two plus year old issue and they have a fix, but none of the dealerships want to acknowledge it and claim they have no idea what's going on and then have no parts or simply don't want to order them or keep a few in stock. We are talking huge metroplex dealers, not tiny small town mom and pop dealers.
What is the issue and what is the part?

Best regards,
Dusty

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
What is the issue and what is the part?

Best regards,
Dusty

Notorious front end chirp from out of tolerance brake calipers. I wouldn't think that getting the re-engineered calipers would be a big issue.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Notorious front end chirp from out of tolerance brake calipers. I wouldn't think that getting the re-engineered calipers would be a big issue.
I was expecting to find these on national backorder, but 68417552AC (right) and 68417553AC (left) are available at the Cleveland depot. These would not be considered dealer stock at this time, so no surprise nobody in your area had them on the shelf.

Best regards,
Dusty

ILikeBalloons&Cheese

Reaction score
I was expecting to find these on national backorder, but 68417552AC (right) and 68417553AC (left) are available at the Cleveland depot. These would not be considered dealer stock at this time, so no surprise nobody in your area had them on the shelf.

Best regards,
Dusty

Are these considered the re-engineered ones with the updated rattle clips?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Best regards,
Dusty
Very helpful! Thank you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online