5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dealership tires

DBrickey

Reaction score
When I bought my 2021 Bighorn, the dealer/sales person told me they upgraded the tires from the standard 18" to 20" with a lift kit . I finally looked and my spare is an 18" , will that be a problem in the future if needed to be used?
Also I asked about tire pressure and was told the 20" require 40 psi and the door sticker shows 35 with the standard tire, so I requested a new sticker and how to get the Uconnect to show the correct pressure. So far after 3 months no answer after repeated calls.
Any help would be appreciated.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wheel diameter doesn’t matter. That’s overall tire diameter. So you need to know how big the new tires are. If they aren’t much bigger than the spare it’s not a real issue.

Yes the heavier ply bigger tires work best with around 40 psi

No they can’t legally change the door sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 18" spare is correct for 20" tires. That is how my Laramie came.

Malodae

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2021 Bighorn, the dealer/sales person told me they upgraded the tires from the standard 18" to 20" with a lift kit . I finally looked and my spare is an 18" , will that be a problem in the future if needed to be used?
Also I asked about tire pressure and was told the 20" require 40 psi and the door sticker shows 35 with the standard tire, so I requested a new sticker and how to get the Uconnect to show the correct pressure. So far after 3 months no answer after repeated calls.
Any help would be appreciated.
I haven't seen any 5th gen with anything but an 18 inch spare. The main differences in them is whether you have a full-size tire or a temporary use spare. I know that you get an 18 inch Falken Wildpeak full-size spare if your truck has the ORG. And my Limited (no ORG, 22 inch wheels) has the 18 inch temporary spare tire. The important thing is the tire diameter. As long as those are the same you are fine. Find your spare tire size and use a tire size calculator to compare that with the size of your other tires. That will tell you if you need to replace your spare tire to match the other tire diameter.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you buy either a 20 or 22 OEM rim so all the five rims match and you put on a tire that is equal to the original four will it ft in the spare tire holder?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Size of the rim doesn’t matter when it comes to fitment the tire on that rim does..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread