5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership said it was time for 30k service...

Axe

Reaction score
Took my 2020 in for inspection....I said no until I could look at the owners manual and see what was actually recommended by Ram, since i just had the exact same experience at a Ford dealer with my Bronco - but you gotta believe there's people that say yes to these scumballs.

Attachments

• 20230914_171222.jpg
    20230914_171222.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 125

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get that they perform services for profit but it's a shame that they can get away with some of that crap. Poor grandma.

mynameisante

Reaction score
I dont even pay that much for the same services on my equipment! Lol no thanks

ben b

Reaction score
Sad to see a dealer trying to cheat their customers so blatantly. I'm mixed on electric cars, but they do seem to require much less maintenance. Expect your dealer will still try to charge $179 for inspecting the fuel insuction system (whatever that is) on a full electric vehicle.

RAL

Reaction score
I agree. Air and cabin filters are less than $50 in parts and about five minutes to change. Brake fluid flush today will be north of $100 but $175 too much. Driveline fluids should be done at 60k.
I recently stopped going to my selling dealer because they tried to upsell a similar package, but with no driveline fluids, and interior disinfecting service, and wiper blades, all for $800. Ridiculous.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I agree. Air and cabin filters are less than $50 in parts and about five minutes to change. Brake fluid flush today will be north of $100 but $175 too much. Driveline fluids should be done at 60k.
I recently stopped going to my selling dealer because they tried to upsell a similar package, but with no driveline fluids, and interior disinfecting service, and wiper blades, all for $800. Ridiculous.
Filters are about $10 dealer cost. Even if they tripled it for installation, $30 would be about right. $50 would still be price gouging.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my 2020 in for inspection....I said no until I could look at the owners manual and see what was actually recommended by Ram, since i just had the exact same experience at a Ford dealer with my Bronco - but you gotta believe there's people that say yes to these scumballs.
NOPE...30K it's barely getting going

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dealer charge that amount because their rates are calculated by what the book says for the hours needed times their labor rate plus parts cost, not actually how much time is spent on each item.
and i'm guessing there's a minimum book hour per job (ie: 1/2 hour) or something.

you don't really need driveline service at 30k unless you tow or wheel a lot.
you also don't need brake fluid service either unless your brake fluid is dirty.
i have never heard of fluid insuction service LOL

Users who are viewing this thread