5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership/Manufacturer Issues

OldVet

Reaction score
I own a 2019 Ram Classic. It has 53,000 miles. It’s had 3 sets of manifold bolts and two full sets of new manifolds. It’s still under factory warranty. Plus I have an extended warranty that’s good for3 more years and til 100,00 miles. I purchased it from a Ram dealer as used, they had used it for a loaner vehicle.

I take it back to the same dealer for all warranty work. I recently had it in for yet more hemi tick issues. They kept it for two days. They now claim it’s not manifold bolts or manifolds. They used 8 hrs to diagnosis it, and they wanted to charge me $1,000 to pick it up !! I told them to call the cops because I wasn’t paying. It’s under warranty. They stalled and balked for a few hours until I got really pissed. I made a scene in the customer area in front of many who were in for service. BTW, everyone there agreed with me !!

Has anyone else run into this ?

They now claim because I do my own oil changes that I’m at fault !! I have proof of when it’s done and what I used. I only use top tier full synthetic oil and filters.

Now they want to charge me $2,000 to tear down the top end to diagnosis. I’m about ready to get an attorney I think.

Frustrated.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As long as you can prove self maintenance, they can not deny warranty. Yes if they won't fix it, call a lawyer.

OldVet

Reaction score
Update 10/26/23

After much aggravation and stone walling from my dealer, I traveled an hour one way to another Ram dealer.

They diagnosed exactly what I had been saying all along. They even put that in the work order, “that they confirmed the customers claims of internal engine damage”.

They replaced all the lifters and cam shaft and a few rockers. All covered as should be under factory warranty. They even got my warranty extended two full years, no mileage restrictions, for the power train.

Now I’m going to make my selling dealers life hell. They’ve belittled me and lied to me for three years. They do not deserve to be in business.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update 10/26/23

After much aggravation and stone walling from my dealer, I traveled an hour one way to another Ram dealer.

They diagnosed exactly what I had been saying all along. They even put that in the work order, “that they confirmed the customers claims of internal engine damage”.

They replaced all the lifters and cam shaft and a few rockers. All covered as should be under factory warranty. They even got my warranty extended two full years, no mileage restrictions, for the power train.

Now I’m going to make my selling dealers life hell. They’ve belittled me and lied to me for three years. They do not deserve to be in business.
What dealership are u referring to?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update 10/26/23

I hate hearing stories like this. I mean dealers giving people the run around. Things do go bad, and nobody is happy when they do, but if they repair them like they are supposed to, it lessens the impact of having a defect. They get paid to fix it. When they give people a hard time, it puts a bad taste in their mouths, about the brand. How many sales are lost, because they pull that sh!t, and the person says never again for the brand. Some of these dealers should lose their franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread