5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership lies about order status

Ambergn

Reaction score
Anyone else have this type of issue...

20 October 2018 I went to my local ram dealer in pawleys island, South Carolina to order a rebel 12. They told me it was ordered for almost a month now. I’ve been asking for a VON or a VIN to get on RAMCHAT and check status. They kept telling me they don’t have it and will update me when they know the status of the truck. Today I finally got around to getting on RAMCHAT to see if they can help with without the VON and boy did they help me. They told me the truck was not ordered until two days ago... almost a month after I was told it was ordered.

I have a single cab truck now and am upgrading due to having a baby due very soon. I expressed that to the dealer which is why I ordered my truck a couple days after they were available. Now it looking like 8-12 weeks from now until I’ll have a truck cutting it extremely close to the wife’s due date.

What should I do with this information and my Stealership?

Ambergn

Reaction score
im Just in a predicament where I need the truck ASAP and don’t want to go through this again at another dealer.

Paulny

Reaction score
Personally, I would give my hard earned money to another dealer and express your current predicament. Since the dealer didn't ACTUALLY order your truck until 2 days ago, you're not losing much time. That way, you will (hopefully) have a dealer that is shooting you straight and will provide updates as they come in. A vin/von # seems to be available very quickly after an order has been placed. I wouldn't put any more trust in your current dealer, much less my money IMHO. But then again, that's what I would do and I don't have a baby on the way. Either way, good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Limbeck

Reaction score
I have an even worse story from the dealerships Heggs Auto in MESA, AZ. Placed my order and got a VON right away. 9 weeks later no VIN and truck in same status. I ended up cancelling with that *** of a dealer, ordering with another dealer, got my truck built 2 weeks later and just got shipped from the factory. Should have it in a couple weeks. after I canceled my order with the original dealer I wrote a 1 star review on Yelp and the dealer called me I found out they were having financial issues and my order was never able to be placed. If those douchebags would have told me that from the beginning I would have never have placed with them! Some are shady as crap man it’s really disappointing but I would cancel and write a bad review. That’s terrible service for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreng

Reaction score
I'd reach out to other dealers to see what kind of dealer discount they will give you for switching your order to a new dealer. Then schedule a meeting with the GM of the original dealer and explain the situation nicely. See what they will do tp keep your business and make sure you don't deal with the original salesman anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread