5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership Fraud, Please help!

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Back in 06 I bought a new rubicon. I’d been shopping for awhile and already had financing approval through a particular dealer. Finally wheeled and dealed and got the price I wanted so we did the deed. Fast forward a few weeks and still no letter from the financing bank so I call them to get information to make my payments. They inform me that they never wrote a loan for me. Call the dealer and explain, they say they’ll call me back. Next day I get a call... apparently they had submitted my jeep for the financing but by the time we’d actually made the deal the approval had expired so the bank rejected it. According to them financing laws would not allow them to sell me the Jeep I’d been driving... I take a deep breath and prepare to unleash my inner a@@hole but before I can he rushes to tell me they have a solution. They’ll bring in another jeep exactly like the one I’m driving and sell me that one, same cost and everything. I’m skeptical but sure let’s give this a shot, he tells me bring my paperwork when they get the new one in and we’ll lay them side by side to verify I’m not spending anymore money. A couple weeks go by and I go to the dealer to meet the financing guy. He shows me a stack of paperwork a couple feet high and says “this is all the vehicles driving around without financing because of this same issue, that person has been fired” We do new paperwork and the new jeep technically has more options so cost more but they made everything equal out. I hand them the keys to the one I’d been driving and tell them “it’s covered in so much mud you can’t tell what color it is, and it’s ready for the first 3k mile oil change” kept waiting for them to call me with some excuse for why I needed to pay more after the new deal was done but everything actually was exactly as they said lol. Best month and a half test drive ever!!!

HMC8403

Reaction score
When a dealer sells a car with financing or lease, they get the money right was from the lender. Their agreement with the lender is they must guarantee that the vehicle is properly titled and registered with said lender as the lien holder. Failure to do so would result in a chargeback where the dealer must refund the lender. Also i am surprised that the leasing company would accept the contact without the proper TTL fees included.

Don't pay a thing. Call the lender and tell them what happened. Don't sign another contract, you shouldn't have resigned the second time. The dealer can take the vehicle back but now have to sell it at a lower price, or they can lower the sales price they gave you to make up the difference.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When a dealer sells a car with financing or lease, they get the money right was from the lender. Their agreement with the lender is they must guarantee that the vehicle is properly titled and registered with said lender as the lien holder. Failure to do so would result in a chargeback where the dealer must refund the lender. Also i am surprised that the leasing company would accept the contact without the proper TTL fees included.

Don't pay a thing. Call the lender and tell them what happened. Don't sign another contract, you shouldn't have resigned the second time. The dealer can take the vehicle back but now have to sell it at a lower price, or they can lower the sales price they gave you to make up the difference.
Not all states work the same. In Nebraska the customer is responsible for registering their own vehicle and paying any applicable fees at DMV. On a lease there is no "sales tax" u til the end of the lease if you choose to buy it outz then you only pay sales tax on residual amount.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked the deal for my trucks lease, salesman quotes me a price through email that was to include 15k mike a year. When I went in to sign paperwork, it only showed 12k miles a year. I told them I was quotes for 15k miles. They verified the emails, and ate the cost difference and honored hmthe quoted amount

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/