5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers selling below invoice

dxdx

Reaction score
They did have $3k non refundable deposit. Where can I dispute this? What is the full name of the CC company? FCA?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are dealers I found while searching for the best deal on a custom order. Thought I would share it since a lot of people are paying to ship from Mark Dodge when they could be saving that money too.

% below invoice has changed since I shopped, so I will work on updating this list as I find time.

Mall of Georgia CDJR in Buford, GA
Mike Clinnin
[email protected]
(4,5 or 6 % below invoice as of 2/8/22)
Great info!

Last spring I found Mall of Ga dealer info and tried to contact Mike via phone and email. They are 1 hour from me so I was hopeful. No response so I went with Mark Dodge and don't regret it!

illyb

Reaction score
Caution on Chapman in Horsham. The owner has posted over on the Ford Tremor forum that they won’t be price protecting any of their Stellantis or Ford orders. If the MSRP increases between the time you order and the time of delivery, you will probably have to pay the higher price.
Ditto. I went back and forth repeatedly with them on a truck build, and have ultimately decided to not move forward with purchase from them. They are letting the purchase price float, and you will pay a higher price for the truck if the invoice value of the truck increases between the time they quote the truck and the time Stellantis invoices the dealership for the truck.

While unfortunate, I can understand their position.

The red flag for me was their unwillingness to provide a total purchase price in writing. When asked them to provide an out the door cash price for the truck (no taxes, no registration, etc.) assuming the truck was available for purchase today, they wouldn't. They would only say "3% below invoice plus $422 PA doc fee plus $40 transit tag". Even when I wrote out:

$ 3% below invoice price
+422 PA doc fee
+40 transit tag
---------------
$TOTALPRICE

In an email and asked them to verify the cash purchase $TOTALPRICE, they wouldn't. A simple response of "Yes, that's correct" or "No, it is $HIGHERPRICE, because..." would be all that was needed. Yet they replied back with the same "3% below invoice plus $422 PA doc fee plus $40 transit tag".

If Chapman won't confirm the total purchase price for the truck (again, assuming they could deliver the vehicle today), what are they hiding?

Buyer beware.

Nova90

Reaction score
Since Chapman is local to me, I stopped by this weekend to inquire about pricing on a Ford Explorer build for my wife. The GM told me that they would indeed price protect...and send him the build details and they would give me the price (3% under invoice...I think they were doing 4% in January().

rws1944

Reaction score
Good info in this thread. I noticed some of you are using "MSRP" and some are using "Invoice" when referring to a quoted discount. These are not the same. Those of you that are using "Invoice" how are you verifying that the "invoice" price they use is correct and how much lower is the "Invoice" from "MSRP".

Nova90

Reaction score
Good info in this thread. I noticed some of you are using "MSRP" and some are using "Invoice" when referring to a quoted discount. These are not the same. Those of you that are using "Invoice" how are you verifying that the "invoice" price they use is correct and how much lower is the "Invoice" from "MSRP".
It's 3% under invoice (before factory rebate) right now at Chapman...not MSRP. When I built my Rebel with Mark Dodge, Aaron gave me a build sheet that clearly has the MSRP, Holdback, Invoice, Affiliate and Employee prices listed on it. I assume that I'll be able to get something similar with Ford...and not just any paper that says invoice. I think services like KBB & Edmunds will also allow you to determine the MSRP and invoice for each model / build.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 14-09-56 New 2021 2022 Ford Vehicles In Horsham, PA.png

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two dealers no longer under invoice

Dan Cummins CDJR in Paris, KY
Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL

Users who are viewing this thread