5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers selling below invoice

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are dealers I found while searching for the best deal on a custom order.

% below invoice has changed since I shopped, so I will work on updating this list as I find time.

Dan Deery CDJR in Waterloo, IA
Cody Suhr or Tyler Bueghly
[email protected]

(3% below invoice)
Tri-City CDJR in Eden, NC
Travis Reynolds
[email protected]
336-623-2186
(2% below invoice as of 1/1/22)

Chapman’s CDJR in Horsham, PA
Ashlie Ryan
[email protected]
215-674-3600
(3% below invoice as of 2/10/22)

Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA
Aaron or Sandi
[email protected]
318-792-1220
(5% below invoice as of 1/1/22)

Lakeland CDJR in Lakeland, FL
Mike Peralta
[email protected]
(6% below invoice)

Mall of Georgia CDJR in Buford, GA
Mike Clinnin
[email protected]
(4,5 or 6 % below invoice as of 2/8/22)

Gupton Motors CDJR in Springfield, TN
Dan or Renee
[email protected]
[email protected]
(5% below invoice)

Granger Motors CDJR in Granger, IA
Zach Westrum
[email protected]
844-597-6358
(4% below invoice as of 2/6/22)

Tuttle Click CDJR in Irvine, CA
Rob Trachtman
[email protected]
954-864-5162
(2% under invoice as of 1/10/22)

Last edited:

denniscoe

Reaction score
Travis at tri city in Eden, NC was 2% below invoice when i asked this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wowowswswws

Reaction score
These are dealers I found while searching for the best deal on a custom order. Thought I would share it since a lot of people are paying to ship from Mark Dodge when they could be saving that money too.

% below invoice has changed since I shopped, so I will work on updating this list as I find time.

[email protected]
(3% below invoice)

Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL
Jason Beltran
cell: 847-393-5262 [email protected]

Travis Reynolds
[email protected]
336-623-2186

Ashlie Ryan
[email protected]
215-674-3600

Aaron or Sandi
[email protected]
318-792-1220

(6% below invoice)

Mike Clinnin
[email protected]
(5,6,or 7% below invoice)

Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN
Dan or Renee
(5% below invoice)

Granger Motors in Granger, IA
844-597-6358
(4% below invoice)

Dan Cummins CDJR in Paris, KY
859-740-0352
(4% below invoice)
west coast dealers be like...nope

98Superstock

Reaction score
These are dealers I found while searching for the best deal on a custom order. Thought I would share it since a lot of people are paying to ship from Mark Dodge when they could be saving that money too.

[email protected]
(3% below invoice)

Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL
Jason Beltran
cell: 847-393-5262 [email protected]

Travis Reynolds
[email protected]
336-623-2186

Ashlie Ryan
[email protected]
215-674-3600

Aaron or Sandi
[email protected]
318-792-1220

(6% below invoice)

Mike Clinnin
[email protected]
(5,6,or 7% below invoice)

Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN
Dan or Renee
(5% below invoice)

Granger Motors in Granger, IA
844-597-6358
(4% below invoice)

Dan Cummins CDJR in Paris, KY
859-740-0352
(4% below invoice)
This is one of the most helpful posts that I have ever seen. I am in the process of ordering a 2022 Ram 3500 and certainly want to know what dealers will give me good pricing. Thanks for helping me save thousands!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
west coast dealers be like...nope

I didn’t shop west coast because I’m mid-west. But I did find this..

Rob Trachtman (954-864-5162) at Tuttle Click CDJR in Irvine, CA is 2% under invoice

And Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn, WA was also selling below invoice but apparently he is no longer there

monkeypunch

Reaction score

Rob Trachtman (954-864-5162) at Tuttle Click CDJR in Irvine, CA is 2% under invoice

And Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn, WA was also selling below invoice but apparently he is no longer there
I haven't seen Bud Clary recommended here since Philip left there.

There maybe a dealer in ID offering below invoice as well. Can't remember the name though.

TSL

Reaction score
One to avoid ( although not on @IvoryHemi 's list ) is Dennis Dillon in Idaho. While they did quote me 5.5% below MSRP, their financing requirements were very unacceptable : max downpayment of $10k, irrespective of trade-in value, must use their financing, must make at least 6 payments before re-fi or pay-off, oh and of course they can't tell you the rate until time of delivery.
I smelled a very large rat in all of that !
I just got a quote from Bud Clary Auburn CDJR for 5.5% below MSRP. However it took a little effort to get it : first response to my email was "would earlier or later in the week be better for you to come in for a test drive". To which I responded that I've done all the test driving I need and I just need a quote. That's when I got the 5.5% off MSRP quote. I've followed up and asked about doc fees, dealer fees, add-ons etc and have so far met radio-silence to that additional request !
I also contacted TuttleClick in Irvine and got a quote for exactly MSRP, no discount at all. However, I just contacted them via their web contact, I did not reach out directly to the person at TuttleClick that @IvoryHemi mentioned in his post, maybe I should do that. It does seem that it can depend on who you talk to at a given dealership
I have a very compelling quote from Mark Dodge already, even with shipping to Oregon, or doing a fly/drive it's still a significant saving over anything I can find on the west coast so far.

wowowswswws

Reaction score

Thanks man, great info right there. I just shopped Tuttle Click Irvine around Christmas time cuz they are in my area and they would charge $5k market adjustment over MSRP for a 5th gen and 50k for a TRX……..I might be able to get the price point you provided but I could tell the negotiations gonna be an uphill battle…

I remember there was a kid stocking 70000 or so hand sanitizers wanting to sell high when Covid first hit and got busted for price gauging…seems like regulations doesn’t work the same way in automotive industry.

I ended up ordering from MD 10k under MSRP with 4 emails and a 5 min call with Sandi.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One to avoid ( although not on @IvoryHemi 's list ) is Dennis Dillon in Idaho. While they did quote me 5.5% below MSRP, their financing requirements were very unacceptable : max downpayment of $10k, irrespective of trade-in value, must use their financing, must make at least 6 payments before re-fi or pay-off, oh and of course they can't tell you the rate until time of delivery.
I just got a quote from Bud Clary Auburn CDJR for 5.5% below MSRP. However it took a little effort to get it : first response to my email was "would earlier or later in the week be better for you to come in for a test drive". To which I responded that I've done all the test driving I need and I just need a quote. That's when I got the 5.5% off MSRP quote. I've followed up and asked about doc fees, dealer fees, add-ons etc and have so far met radio-silence to that additional request !
I also contacted TuttleClick in Irvine and got a quote for exactly MSRP, no discount at all. However, I just contacted them via their web contact, I did not reach out directly to the person at TuttleClick that @IvoryHemi mentioned in his post, maybe I should do that. It does seem that it can depend on who you talk to at a given dealership
I have a very compelling quote from Mark Dodge already, even with shipping to Oregon, or doing a fly/drive it's still a significant saving over anything I can find on the west coast so far.

Yes Dillon, Koons, Criswell are all well-known and well-debated.

So I didn’t list them.

70runner

Reaction score
Regarding Bud Clary, Olson retired like a week after he quoted my deal @ 7% below invoice. They kept me updated on the build and shipping status, and honored the quote. I asked the sales manager I was working with, Fred Goret, whether they would continue the "Olson" internet discount. He said (as of Jul2021) the jury was out.

For those interested in exploring a west coast option, I suggest contact Fred directly. Very pleasant to deal with. Avoid Mr Ventler, also a Sales Mgr. One day I called to followup on some paperwork, Fred was out and I ended up with Ventler. He was rude, made a fuss about the quote, inferred I'd be lucky to get that price. Next day Fred returned my call and assured me everything was in order. To reinforce what was said earlier, discounts likely depend on who you talk to at the dealer.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't seen Bud Clary recommended here since Philip left there.

There maybe a dealer in ID offering below invoice as well. Can't remember the name though.
Probably Dave Smith in Kellogg, Idaho. I bought my truck below invoice from Findlay in Post Falls, Idaho in May of last year.

co752

Reaction score
Caution on Chapman in Horsham. The owner has posted over on the Ford Tremor forum that they won’t be price protecting any of their Stellantis or Ford orders. If the MSRP increases between the time you order and the time of delivery, you will probably have to pay the higher price.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contact Rob directly, he is their Fleet Manager.

TSL

Reaction score
Contact Rob directly, he is their Fleet Manager.
Talked to him today. Confirmed 2% under invoice is available, he did say "with treadlightly.org membership". Thought I read somewhere on this forum that might be ending, but maybe I'm confusing with something else. With the cheaper shipping ( half the distance ) , the "in my driveway cost" is within $500 of estimated costs from Mark Dodge, so it's more or less a wash at that point.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score

Great info….. I was lucky on the west coast and got 3k below msrp because I ordered back in may 2021….. however everyone here on the west coast Bay Area is adding $7500 - $10k above msrp. Just saw a TRX go for $25k above msrp in 3 days. 😬 stupid…..

without a doubt, go out of state if you’re in Cali. And then enjoy your drive back…..

dxdx

Reaction score
I wish I read your post earlier - I took the bite on Dennis Dillon already. Everything you said about their financing is true. Obviously it's on my part I didn't do enough research but placing an order.. but aren't DD a large dealer with good reputation? Or maybe I was wrong.
Still waiting on my 2022 limited. Wish me best of luck.

dxdx

Reaction score
Sure enough Dennis Dillon called me today saying factory MSRP is increasing by some $3k and they are bumping up my purchase price by the same $3k. According to the agreement they said they are entitled to do it.
I'm furious now,

unkiebunk045

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick’s In Ansonia, CT will go under invoice on custom order—I haven’t gotten mine in yet, but he’s confirmed that as long as I’m tier 1 credit (which i am) everything is locked in for price no matter when it’s delivered.

TSL

Reaction score
Sure enough Dennis Dillon called me today saying factory MSRP is increasing by some $3k and they are bumping up my purchase price by the same $3k. According to the agreement they said they are entitled to do it.
I'm furious now,
dang ! Sorry to hear that. Didn't they have a large-ish deposit requirement as well if I recall ? If deposit not too large, I wonder would you do better to walk away, maybe even dispute the charge with CC company ?

Users who are viewing this thread