5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers Are Being Notified About Their Ram TRX Allocations:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealers Are Being Notified About Their Ram TRX Allocations:
You Will Be Able To Put One In Your Driveway Soon...

RamRebelTRX.r04.KGP_.jpg

Reaction score
What have you who have contacted your RAM dealers been told about allocations and deposits?
I've been told so far a couple I don't know's and one non refundable 10k down for an allocation.

decadeind

Reaction score
Definitely want 1, but would love the side exit exhaust like the Saleen S331 truck. Hopefully it doesn't steer far away from the car show TRX truck. Love the center console shifter, interior detail and would love the alcantara. I'd buy 1 now, especially during this epidemic to show the Raptor theres a Bad *** mofo out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NDanecker

Reaction score
I feel this will.play out just like trackhawks. msrp plus dealer markup. when everyone that needs to be first has one prices will drop and FCA will be marking them down nicely especially when inventory starts stacking up. covid stuff not helping. need to wait 1 year or so

NDanecker

Reaction score
This is definitely not a TrackHawk.

I was speaking to how sales will play out. Many people say they want one but once the first round of buyers are done sales will drop quickly similar to the TH. This will lead to a huge surplus on the lots and these will be marked down nicely, and that is when you jump. Bought my TH like this. The dealer had 26 Trackhawks and they needed to unload them as the 19's were just starting to hit the lots. Got a great deal on a 98k sticker TH.

I guess it really depends on what the starting price is. My guess it will be just under 80 (75 or 78k). Add some options and you will be near 100k. That is just too rich for a pickup, and that price point is what killed the TH sales. They tried to compete in the European market and the quality is so far off from what BMW, Mercedes, Range Rover and others offer albeit with a 100K+ price tag. Bottom-line its still a FCA product. I dumped my 18 Trackhawk mainly because of poor quality and poor dealer service. We've had a number of BMWs and Audi's. Service is far superior to what any Dodge, Ram or FCA dealership can offer, and when you target that audience you don't sell just the car you sell a package (car and service). Jumping between the TH and wife's Q7 was like night and day (in terms of refinement and interior comfort). Interior, suspension, and design is still a 40k vehicle (not 90K) although with a better motor.

Short story - I complained about a 3 to 4 shift sluggishness that happened 80% of the time to 2 different dealers on my Trackhawk. It was so obvious friends that I took for rides in the car noticed it and asked what's wrong with the transmission. Car had ~2k miles when it started. 2nd dealer I took it too said unless its broke or blows a code we can't fix it. We won't pull down the transmission or dismantle just to look. Basically - just drive it till it 'completely' breaks. Never had this issue with Audi or BMW service (we've owned both and currently on a Q7). They just addressed the issue. Period.

I like the TRX and will most likely purchase one if the price matches what it is. A fast and fun truck. Keep price near 100k and absolutely not. I'd rather dump my money into building a truck the way I want (which is what I'm currently doing).

EDIT: I almost feel they should have dropped the hellcat motor and continued with the NA 7.0L motor instead. This would have kept cost down and competitive to the raptor. Anyone wanting more I'm sure there will be loads of go-fast upgrades on the aftermarket scene (supercharges, turbos, tunes, etc) and being a 7.0L it would be a torque monster. Another concept would be to offer the TRX performance package on a stripped down tradesman or big horn. Get the performance without all the electronic add-ons and leather interior crap, but doubt they'll do that.

Last edited:

Cerino2000

Reaction score
I asked my dealer about allocations and he said it’s not true he hasn’t heard anything yet. That was a couple of weeks ago. I’ll ask him again in the next few days.

TDubyaDubya

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I asked my dealer about allocations and he said it’s not true he hasn’t heard anything yet. That was a couple of weeks ago. I’ll ask him again in the next few days.
Same here. Dealer says they’ve seen the online stuff but haven’t heard anything from mother RAM

Users who are viewing this thread