5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Upfit

tcw3628

Reaction score
Saw the truck below today (Bighorn Sport, Patriot Blue). There is a $8995 upfit added to it. This includes the 4" lift kit, 20' FUEL Tire & Rim package and Rhino Spray-in bed liner. Does that seem like a reasonable charge for these items? Seems high to me but I don’t really know. B7DD2D5E-3A4B-402C-880D-FB570D3F75B8.jpeg

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Expensive but done lol Pricing it out and getting all the work done yourself might save you a little cash but will come out of your own pocket. Best part about dealer uplifts is everything is warrantied so no issues, make sure you request for the stock wheels if you pull the trigger cause they are included in your original msrp.

Good luck

jamesfg

Reaction score
I can tell you I got a Rough Country 6" lift, 5 20x10 Moto Metal Daggers, 5 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (mounted, balanced & lugs)and that was $4623.04. I'm doing my own install of the lift. My bed liner was $425. I get my stuff at near cost from a good friend due to me helping him out years ago.

To me financing your lift/bedliner is the >>>worst<<< financial decision you can make. Your paying interest on an item that really doesn't add that much KBB value to your truck, nor does the finance company add that into the value of the truck. Now if your cash poor, then that might be your only way to get it.

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As noted, the dealer will warranty the truck as sold, and you’ll have a set of tires/wheels to sell ($1000) and the truck looks great day one. The 4” quality lift installed with alignment is $3k. Wheels and tires, mounted and balanced $2.3K. Bed liner $500. So I’d say $6000 plus whatever peace of mind your willing to pay.

Cluck

Reaction score
Plus.. many rednecks that buy this stuff don't care about price at all. "What's my payment" is all they are concerned with.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I might be going out on a limb here but I highly doubt the dealer is paying retail for all those add on parts.

I dunno what install time for a 4" lift is but again going out on a limb here I don't think it's 7 to 8 like the manual calls for a RC 6" kit. I got my lift for $1099, say $680 for labor ($85 @ 8 hrs) plus $100 for alignment is $1879 so $2k with tax depending on your location. You need to shop around, do your homework instead of immediate self gratification unless your folks got a grip of loot or your growing that elusive money tree in your yard, then have at it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/