5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer update.....

Benhonda

Reaction score
Apparently FCA still hasnt released a firmware patch to fix the uconnect from reseting back to shipping mode, anyone have any idea when this is going to be fixed.

Also there is an active recall for power steering ground wire for you 19 owners.

Also active tsb on grinding brakes

Do you recommend full synthetic oil in your 5.7 hemi? Just some info I learned today, just wanted to get your ideas on these subjects

doublenichols

Reaction score
Apparently FCA still hasnt released a firmware patch to fix the uconnect from reseting back to shipping mode, anyone have any idea when this is going to be fixed.

Also there is an active recall for power steering ground wire for you 19 owners.

Do you recommend full synthetic oil in your 5.7 hemi? Just some info I learned today, just wanted to get your ideas on these subjects
I read a post somewhere on here recently that a Uconnect update may show up near the end of February. I've already made my appointment for the power steering ground wire recall. ...Not aware of the grinding brakes issue. I've owned several RAM's, including the new '19 Limited, and all I've EVER used is synthetic.

Ranger482

Reaction score
All I use in my vehicles is full synthetic.
Cost differential is not that significant.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
My truck is at the dealer for the recall and stereo.
Recall is usually taken care of in the drop off bay. Easy fix that takes 2 minutes.
Will report back results if the stereo update...having the issue where it drops speed dial presets and USB always starts with the same song (not where it left off).

I used to use full synthetic until I found out that it was causing the "Hemi tick". Switched back to dino juice and the tick faded away. Not sure how a blend would work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PTRAM

Reaction score

I have never used synthetic oil in my vehicles but I think I will with my 2019 Ram. One of the service writers who has a 2019 Limited suggested I use synthetic and then the head tech also suggested that for a cleaner engine. Now then, should I switch over now for best results with just 1100 miles on it?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have never used synthetic oil in my vehicles but I think I will with my 2019 Ram. One of the service writers who has a 2019 Limited suggested I use synthetic and then the head tech also suggested that for a cleaner engine. Now then, should I switch over now for best results with just 1100 miles on it?
Hmm. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Engine should be just as clean with dyno.or synthetic.

The main benefit of synthetics, as far as I know, is that it doesn't break down as fast as dyno oil, therefore, it lasts longer.

As long as you stick to a regular maintenance schedule, you'll be good with either in my opinion.

The bigger benefit of synthetics, is that you can drive a lot more miles between oil changes. That for me is a huge plus, and would be worth it.

Benhonda

Reaction score
Hmm. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Engine should be just as clean with dyno.or synthetic.

The main benefit of synthetics, as far as I know, is that it doesn't break down as fast as dyno oil, therefore, it lasts longer.

As long as you stick to a regular maintenance schedule, you'll be good with either in my opinion.

The bigger benefit of synthetics, is that you can drive a lot more miles between oil changes. That for me is a huge plus, and would be worth it.

Oils are not the same, dyno or blend oils have microscopic amounts of particulate matter in it. Synthetic does not this leads to 0 friction, cooler operating temps, better cold weather fluidity, more lubrication. So there is a world of differances between the 2, i personally run synthetics in all my toys with great results.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Oils are not the same, dyno or blend oils have microscopic amounts of particulate matter in it. Synthetic does not this leads to 0 friction, cooler operating temps, better cold weather fluidity, more lubrication. So there is a world of differances between the 2, i personally run synthetics in all my toys with great results.
Never said they’re the same. Synthetic has many benefits, and you just posted a few. Just don’t think it will be “cleaner”.

Users who are viewing this thread